My wife and I have just returned to England after a wonderful month spent touring and staying in hotels in California. Most if not all of the hotels we stayed at were predictably first class but one or two were just fabulous - The Furness Creek Ranch being one of those.
For a stay in any hotel to reach '5 stars' the overall experience needs to be complete - with this hotel we found the bedroom to be quiet (we had requested that beforehand), the whole site is relaxing and tastfully furnished with a lovely ambience. The hotel staff we met were superb and nothing was too much trouble. I have singled out some individuals here for praise as they worked so hard to ensure that we had a great stay, these are as follows:-
Wesley - The bar:-
Wes and my wife and I found him to be so professional, courteous and so keen to ensure that our stay was a memorable one - thank you Wes for all that you did for us to ensure this was the case. Wes works with another member of staff in the bar and the bar is so popular that they both work so hard in there all night long - this doesn't affect their courteous manner.
The reception staff were brilliant, work very hard, have such a professional manner and really do need to receive praise for what they do in also looking after their guests.
Richard - The Ranch manager:-
My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting with the hotel manager - Richard - we both found him to be extreemely professional, courteous and nothing was too much trouble for him - he really made us feel like 'royalty'. Thank you Rick.............
The Inn is ideally located for those wishing to enjoy the sights of Death Valley and also for those wishing to do some trecking out.
My wife and I had the pleasure of dining at the hotel restaurant and you will certainly enjoy the lunches and breakfasts!! The food range is so extensive and, again, the staff are so attentive loking to serve your every culinary need.
I encourage you to stay at The Ranch so that you to can appreciate why I think this hotel and it's staff are simply outstanding. This is perhaps one of the best hotels we've every stayed in but don't take my word for it - go stay there. You won't be dissapointed!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Furnace Creek Resort, situated in a lush oasis surrounded by the vast and arid desert of Death Valley National Park, California is just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada and 275 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. This property hosts two hotels - the historic, 4-diamond, 66 room Inn at Furnace Creek and the more family oriented 224 room Ranch at Furnace Creek. The Inn at Furnace Creek offers guests elegant accommodations in the heart of Death Valley. This 4-diamond resort has operated for more than 86 years, and still pampers every guest. The Ranch at Furnace Creek has been welcoming guests since 1933 and offers a casual, family-like setting - the perfect complement to the classic elegance of the Inn at Furnace Creek. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotelopia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Furnace Creek Inn and Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furnace Creek Inn And Ranch Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Furnace Creek Resort
- Furnace Creek Hotel
- Furnace Creek Ranch
- Furnace Creek Inn Death Valley