We stayed five days at Furnace Creek Ranch (not the Inn...more expensive). The rooms are very basic but comfortable. Since it was the middle of a very wet winter, the temperatures were very mild. We left the ceiling fan on and the sliding door open......so VERY quiet!
The restaurants were adequate and on the expensive side but the staff was fantastic. They were all pleasant, accomodating, and made us feel at home.
Because this is lodging in a National Park, all I expect is something clean and comfortable. Furnace creek fit the bill. The scenery is spectacular and other-worldly and the wildflowers were extraordinary. It is in a perfect location to explore the largest National Park inthe lower 48. Although there might be nicer lodgings outside of the park, they are simply too far away. I look forward to returning to Furnace Creek.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ranch at Death Valley, situated in Death Valley National Park, is just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada and 275 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. The Ranch at Death Valley offers accommodations in a casual, family-like setting — the perfect complement to the classic elegance of the Inn at Death Valley. As you wander around the expansive grounds, you’ll feel like you’ve been transported back to when this site was established as a working ranch. Yet, you’ll enjoy the amenities of modern civilization, like quiet, clean rooms, a spring-fed swimming pool, large grass lawns, sports courts, a children’s playground and the National Park Service Visitor’s Center – which is just a stone’s throw away. So is the 18-hole golf course – the lowest elevation course in the world – and Golf Pro Shop. The Ranch at Death Valley is the ideal place to stay when visiting Death Valley National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Oasis at Death Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furnace Creek Inn And Ranch Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Furnace Creek Resort
- Furnace Creek Hotel
- Furnace Creek Ranch
- Furnace Creek Inn Death Valley