Stayed overnight at the Ranch as the Hotel was closed for the Summer
A very cheerful, friendly and easy check-in at Reception.
Our bedroom which we were able to park the car right outside off, was rather colourless but comfortable and clean, with a good size bathroom.
The in room fridge was not working properly on arrrival but within 5 minutes of reporting it, two members of Staff came along and "problem solved" Offered to supply a replacement if there was any further problem.There was a nice Terrace overlooking the garden and pool with two chairs but it was far to hot to venture outside having done some of the sight on the way (115 degrees)!! Phew!!
Ate in the Restaurant in the evening and had a good meal, highly recommend the steaks. Our waiter was friendly, patient and courteous, even though the Restaurant was very busy as it was the only one open at the time of our stay.
A good nights sleep although the air conditioning was rather noisy. Having experienced that in other Hotels when touring, earplugs helped the matter!
In the morning an excellent buffet breakfast with a choice of everything you could want, once again busy with other tourists.
The On site Shop offered a good choice of souvenirs, and a large food section offering a wide and varied choice of snacks right up to ingredients for a banquet!!
All in all a comfortable stay enhanced by the excellent and friendly Staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oasis at Death, situated in a lush oasis surrounded by the vast and arid desert of Death Valley National Park, California is just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada and 275 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. This property hosts two hotels - the historic, 4-diamond, 66 room Inn at Death Valley and the more family oriented 224 room Ranch at Death Valley. The Inn at Death Valley offers guests elegant accommodations in the heart of Death Valley. This 4-diamond resort has operated for more than 86 years, and still pampers every guest. The Ranch at Death Valley has been welcoming guests since 1933 and offers a casual, family-like setting - the perfect complement to the classic elegance of the Inn at Death Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Oasis at Death Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furnace Creek Inn And Ranch Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Furnace Creek Resort
- Furnace Creek Hotel
- Furnace Creek Ranch
- Furnace Creek Inn Death Valley