“Service needs help”

Nenana View Bar & Grille
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Went for dinner while staying at the Princess Wilderness Lodge. Dining room very nice and clean. Good choices on the menu although very pricey. Food went from very good to just so-so. It was the service that spoiled the experience. The waitstaff hovered over us while eating, began clearing plates before we were done but we had to wait a long time for the check.

There are newer reviews for Nenana View Bar & Grille

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed in Denali for three nights as part of a two week vacation in Alaska. Nenana View is located in the McKinley Chalet Resort, which is owned by Holland America. We visited this bar/grille each evening when we were done with our day's excursions. We did have several items from the bar menu and all were very good - especially the fish tacos. We also had breakfast there as well.

The service was great - the bartenders were friendly and attentive. Special shout out to Michael - he kept us amused. Your choices in this area of Denali are pretty limited so it was nice to have a place close that we actually enjoyed.

1  Thank ClearwaterJen
Reviewed 25 June 2014

You can get a decent meal and good beer here. The view can't be beat! It is casual and fun. They are more than nice-we watched a couple reject their hamburgers because they weren't well done-the waitress left them their meal (so they had something to munch on) while she had two more complete hamburger platters made for them. She brought them each out a whole new meal which they were happy with. Nice place to eat!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Yes, I had salmon two nights in a row. The salmon here was served on barley and it was delicious. We had a big group with all our family and it could not have been more intimate and relaxing. We all enjoyed our meals and we shared some of their great desserts.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We were staying at the McKinley Chalet Resort as part of a Cruise/Land Tour with Holland America. The first night we ate in this restaurant. I ordered Salmon on a McKinley Salad and it was good but I felt the salmon was slightly overcooked for my taste. In the days ahead, I sat at the bar with my husband and friends and enjoyed the experience. The bartender was friendly and although they were out of the wine I wanted (was told it was the end of the season and so they were out of a lot of wines ), I ordered my favorite cocktail and was not disappointed. After a day on the Tundra Wilderness tour, a group of us sat in the bar area and ordered Pizzas. They were cooked perfectly. Mine was a Margarita with a thin crispy crust and plenty of tomatoes ,mozzarella and basil. I ate the whole thing by myself. Everyone at the table raved about their individual pizza as well. After our flight with Denali Air the next day, my husband and I went back to have lunch. We both ordered the Kobe burgers. It was the best burger I ever ate. It was cooked rare as we like it and it was juicy and flavorful. The fries were hot and crispy. We preferred our meals in the casual bar area instead of the dining room. The "bar food" was more to our liking.

2  Thank suedallas