Read the other reviews. I agree with most comments. There are "day-trippers", but that shouldn't be a problem for you to enjoy your time. We were there for two nights and a third would have been better. Hikes and biking enjoyed. Kids liked gold panning. Food good and plentiful. Don't expect gourmet... the kitchen staff will accommodate as much as possible. We were a large family, so we were seated together. We were fortunate because we saw: Dall sheep, moose, grizzly bears (2 very close), golden eagles, caribou, and wolves (5) - one the first day and 4 the third day. Their leader was howling to get them together for a hunt and they were close enough to get good photos. And on our day out, the sun broke through and the mountain was in full view. Chris (mgr) was friendly and welcoming. Accommodations comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When planning your Alaska vacation don't settle for just another Denali hotel! Journey with us winding through the Alaska Range, deep into the heart of the Denali National Park, with opportunities to see Denali's famed wildlife: Grizzlies, Caribou, Moose, Dall Sheep, Wolves, and Eagles. At the very end of the Denali Park road, past Wonder Lake, you'll find a unique enclave in the park known as Kantishna. This area is home to Denali Backcountry Lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Denali Backcountry Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Denali Backcountry Hotel Denali National Park And Preserve
- Hotel Denali Backcountry
- Denali Backcountry Lodge Alaska/Denali National Park And Preserve