I'm sorry to say but the best part of our 4 days in Denali NP was the bus ride in and out. The rooms were adequate but the food was terrible. The entree each night was a salad bowl put on the table for the guests to help themselves and the main was a choice of a vegitarian meal or one other meal. Again the food was placed on the table for you to serve yourself. The lunch was always processed cold meat and salads to make your own sandwiches.
The staff in the main a young russian girls and cannot communicate.
The evening natualist shows are videos.
The general feeling is that the lodge is always gearing up to please the day bus load of luncheon guests or the evening bus of new guests. Once they arrive they are ignored as the lodge is preparing for the next influx and so on. In fact none receives good service.
For the price most dissapointing.
The NP and the self guided hikes were wonderful, but this had nothing to do with the Backcountry Lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When planning your Alaska vacation don't settle for just another Denali hotel! Journey with us winding through the Alaska Range, deep into the heart of the Denali National Park, with opportunities to see Denali's famed wildlife: Grizzlies, Caribou, Moose, Dall Sheep, Wolves, and Eagles. At the very end of the Denali Park road, past Wonder Lake, you'll find a unique enclave in the park known as Kantishna. This area is home to Denali Backcountry Lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Denali Backcountry Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Denali Backcountry Hotel Denali National Park And Preserve
- Hotel Denali Backcountry
- Denali Backcountry Lodge Alaska/Denali National Park And Preserve