We stayed 4 nights at Kantishna Roadhouse. Quite an expensive place to stay but we figured it was once in a lifetime so why not??! Definitely our favorite place we stayed because we took time to relax and hang out as well as participate in the guided hikes and seminars. The ride to/from the Denali gate is fun but exhausting. We saw 3 moose, 2 grizzlies, caribou and sheep. Kantishna's service was great and we really liked the laid-back atmosphere. We liked the food & bar too. There were 2 couples in our group - we had cabins #1 (newer but right next to main entrance & heavier traffic) and #24 (behind the main lodge, older but had the basic amenities). This is not a 5-star chic hotel, definitely rustic but charming. The scenery and wildlife are worth the price and we saw Denali's peak! We spared ourselves the long bus ride back by chartering a plane which was incredible with Natl Geographic-like pics of Denali's peak.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kantishna Roadhouse is a backcountry lodge resort in the heart of Denali National Park. Comfortable well-appointed cabin lodging, all-inclusive experience. Enjoy abundant activities including daily guided hikes, gold panning with expert guides, free mountain bike rental/usage, and fly-fishing for Arctic Grayling in Moose Creek. For those that choose to stay in camp for the day, our comfortable natural history library, cozy lobby, or outdoor screened-in porch -- offer pleasant alternatives. This is a true Alaskan adventure in one of the most beautiful national parks in the world. The transportation to and from the resort is half the fun. Our red and white bus, marked "Kantishna Roadhouse," gives you the opportunity to see abundant wildlife in its natural setting, including grizzly bears, wolves, moose, caribou, dall sheep, among other critters. Kantishna Roadhouse is the only resort in the backcountry with a bar/saloon. Sip wine on the banks of the Moose River while you take in a beautiful sunset by the fire. Enjoy activities and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Kantishna Roadhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantishna Roadhouse Hotel Denali National Park And Preserve
- Kantishna Roadhouse Alaska/Denali National Park And Preserve