That price includes meals, but it is pretty much standard institutional fare, only two choices at dinner, and, you are assigned at tables with other guests. Too much forced polite dinner conversation, AFTER hiking with a group that talked non-stop; AFTER a six hour bus drive where the driver talked non stop. There was no peace and quiet. Sitting outside or in the lodge was NOT an option due to mosquitos worse than Minnesota and Wisconsin combined. For $1000, cabin was a dark cave, equipped with electric mosquito swatter, and we had to stick a sheet in all the spaces around the door, as there were large gaps for insects to get in. Saw very few animals and those we saw from the bus. Sled dogs used for demonstration are chained up, very sad. Save your time and money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kantishna Roadhouse is a backcountry lodge resort in the heart of Denali National Park. Comfortable well-appointed cabin lodging, all-inclusive experience. Enjoy abundant activities including daily guided hikes, gold panning with expert guides, free mountain bike rental/usage, and fly-fishing for Arctic Grayling in Moose Creek. For those that choose to stay in camp for the day, our comfortable natural history library, cozy lobby, or outdoor screened-in porch -- offer pleasant alternatives. This is a true Alaskan adventure in one of the most beautiful national parks in the world. The transportation to and from the resort is half the fun. Our red and white bus, marked "Kantishna Roadhouse," gives you the opportunity to see abundant wildlife in its natural setting, including grizzly bears, wolves, moose, caribou, dall sheep, among other critters. Kantishna Roadhouse is the only resort in the backcountry with a bar/saloon. Sip wine on the banks of the Moose River while you take in a beautiful sunset by the fire. Enjoy activities and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Kantishna Roadhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantishna Roadhouse Hotel Denali National Park And Preserve
- Kantishna Roadhouse Alaska/Denali National Park And Preserve