...IS the end of the road, well almost! As part of a 3 week active vacation in Alaska my husband and I booked 3 nights at the Roadhouse and I'm glad we did, because this place is REMOTE. Having 2 full days there off set the very lengthy bus ride( 7hours?) through the park, so I would not advise taking the ( uncomfortable ) bus in, spending a few hours, then turning around and going out. The setting is lovely and the staff welcoming and enthusiastic, but the accommodations and food, as mentioned in other reviews, were average at best. We enjoyed terrific weather on our entire visit and the "national bird" the mosquito wasn't as pesky and prevalent as we had been told would be the case. The Roadhouse does offer guests netted mosquito hats to use for hikes as well as walking sticks so you can be ready for anything. Seeing the massive, beautiful interior of the national park is the call of the Kantishna Roadhouse so go on, head on in to the end of the road, because a few days cut off from all your toys turns out to be very relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kantishna Roadhouse is a backcountry lodge resort in the heart of Denali National Park. Comfortable well-appointed cabin lodging, all-inclusive experience. Enjoy abundant activities including daily guided hikes, gold panning with expert guides, free mountain bike rental/usage, and fly-fishing for Arctic Grayling in Moose Creek. For those that choose to stay in camp for the day, our comfortable natural history library, cozy lobby, or outdoor screened-in porch -- offer pleasant alternatives. This is a true Alaskan adventure in one of the most beautiful national parks in the world. The transportation to and from the resort is half the fun. Our red and white bus, marked "Kantishna Roadhouse," gives you the opportunity to see abundant wildlife in its natural setting, including grizzly bears, wolves, moose, caribou, dall sheep, among other critters. Kantishna Roadhouse is the only resort in the backcountry with a bar/saloon. Sip wine on the banks of the Moose River while you take in a beautiful sunset by the fire. Enjoy activities and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Kantishna Roadhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantishna Roadhouse Hotel Denali National Park And Preserve
- Kantishna Roadhouse Alaska/Denali National Park And Preserve