We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a tour package. It was such a great experience. Although the bus ride into the park is long, the views of wildlife and scenery are simply unforgettable. It was very educational. We stopped 3 times on the way to the roadhouse for potty breaks. Each time the driver offered us a drink and homemade cookie, fantastic. Plus we stopped numerous times to take pictures. Breakfast and dinner were fabulous each day! Sign up for guided hikes for the next day, each evening after dinner. They offer 3 hikes: easy, moderate and challenging. If you are on a long hike, a sack lunch is provided. Also there are several opportunities to go flightseeing if the weather is good. Each evening at 9pm, a van takes everyone who is interested to Wonder Lake to view wildlife and a great view of the mountain if it is viewable. It was so Peaceful!!! Great little bar - loved the bartender! I bought several items at the gift shop, great clothing! I really liked the dog sled demonstration.
One thing I have to mention, they do not give out keys to the rooms. You can lock your door at night, but during the day while you are out, it remains unlocked. I only mention this because I was so suprised at first, but then by the time I was leaving, I was sad to go home where our doors are constantly locked. We never had any problems.
Overall, great experience, life altering!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kantishna Roadhouse is a backcountry lodge resort in the heart of Denali National Park. Comfortable well-appointed cabin lodging, all-inclusive experience. Enjoy abundant activities including daily guided hikes, gold panning with expert guides, mountain biking, & fly-fishing for Arctic Grayling in Moose Creek. For those that choose to stay in camp for the day, our comfortable natural history library, cozy lobby, or outdoor screened-in porch -- offer pleasant alternatives. This is a true Alaskan adventure in one of the most beautiful national parks in the world. The transportation to and from the resort is half the fun. Our buses gives you the opportunity to see abundant wildlife in its natural setting, including grizzly bears, wolves, moose, caribou, dall sheep, among other critters. Kantishna Roadhouse is the only resort in the backcountry with a bar/saloon. Sip wine on the banks of the Moose River while you take in a beautiful sunset by the fire. Enjoy activities and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Kantishna Roadhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantishna Roadhouse Hotel Denali National Park And Preserve
- Kantishna Roadhouse Alaska/Denali National Park And Preserve