We stayed for 2 nights in June. It is a long drive in, approximately 6-hours but please do not be put off by this. We had Kirsty as our driver and she was driving her companion 'Charlie' and old school bus. She explained so much as we travelled through seeing moose, caribou and dall sheep on the way through. Whilst there we did a guided hike on Quiggly Ridge with Jeffrey whose knowledge of the environment was superb. We saw a bear on an adjacent ridge from a distance which was special.
The food at the lodge was home style cooking. They sit you with other guests which was great to share travelling experiences with. The accommodation is fairly basic but very clean and comfortable. We had heard that the mosquitoes were a real problem here, there were some but they were not as bad as we were expecting. Get a good coating of deet on you and they will leave you well alone.
There are amazing activities included in your stay which you should make the most of. We did gold panning, guided hike, dog sled demo, really interesting talks and use of their mountain bikes.
We loved our time here, without mobile phone signals and TVs, this was bliss! On the way back we saw 3 grizzly bears and Mount Denali which was the icing on the cake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kantishna Roadhouse is a backcountry lodge resort in the heart of Denali National Park. Comfortable well-appointed cabin lodging, all-inclusive experience. Enjoy abundant activities including daily guided hikes, gold panning with expert guides, mountain biking, & fly-fishing for Arctic Grayling in Moose Creek. For those that choose to stay in camp for the day, our comfortable natural history library, cozy lobby, or outdoor screened-in porch -- offer pleasant alternatives. This is a true Alaskan adventure in one of the most beautiful national parks in the world. The transportation to and from the resort is half the fun. Our buses gives you the opportunity to see abundant wildlife in its natural setting, including grizzly bears, wolves, moose, caribou, dall sheep, among other critters. Kantishna Roadhouse is the only resort in the backcountry with a bar/saloon. Sip wine on the banks of the Moose River while you take in a beautiful sunset by the fire. Enjoy activities and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Kantishna Roadhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantishna Roadhouse Hotel Denali National Park And Preserve
- Kantishna Roadhouse Alaska/Denali National Park And Preserve