Our stay was great here. It is a rustic lodge with great views. The staff was very accommodating and they drove us the 3-4 miles so we could hike around Wonder Lake. They also took part of the group back there when Mt. McKinley was clear so they could get some pictures. Just make sure you have a mosquito head net and gloves as the mosquitos could be bad at times. We panned for gold there and had a dog sled presentation. The rooms were set up like a cabin. Nice and big and very authentic. Very clean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kantishna Roadhouse is a backcountry lodge resort in the heart of Denali National Park. Comfortable well-appointed cabin lodging, all-inclusive experience. Enjoy abundant activities including daily guided hikes, gold panning with expert guides, free mountain bike rental/usage, and fly-fishing for Arctic Grayling in Moose Creek. For those that choose to stay in camp for the day, our comfortable natural history library, cozy lobby, or outdoor screened-in porch -- offer pleasant alternatives. This is a true Alaskan adventure in one of the most beautiful national parks in the world. The transportation to and from the resort is half the fun. Our red and white bus, marked "Kantishna Roadhouse," gives you the opportunity to see abundant wildlife in its natural setting, including grizzly bears, wolves, moose, caribou, dall sheep, among other critters. Kantishna Roadhouse is the only resort in the backcountry with a bar/saloon. Sip wine on the banks of the Moose River while you take in a beautiful sunset by the fire. Enjoy activities and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Kantishna Roadhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kantishna Roadhouse Hotel Denali National Park And Preserve
- Kantishna Roadhouse Alaska/Denali National Park And Preserve