“The Motel is lacking.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Denali National Park and Preserve
Denali RV Park & Motel
Wilmington, North Carolina
“The Motel is lacking.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

We stayed in the motel, not the RV park. I guess we shouldn't complain, as we "got what we paid for". Our room was tiny, the window faced another building and the bathroom was minimal. The placed had a musty odor. I've never seen such thin sheets, which were one step up from cheese cloth. To say it was basic is an understatement, but the room was clean. We did save money staying there, but I wouldn't do it again. Not being able to see outside was depressing, and with the double bed pushed up against the wall, my husband had to crawl in and out of the bed, or I had to get up when he needed to use the restroom. We encountered several people who left after seeing the accommodations. Again, I should have been forewarned by the price, shame on me for being so thrifty.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NCTNGal

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Northfield, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Great spot away from the hustle and bustle of the Park and all the cruise hotels and hubbub, but not so far as you can access what you want. The sites were a bit close together but people were quiet and not much in and out traffic to disturb. The trucks on the road were a bit loud. Bathrooms and showers were clean, showers did cost though. The best part of this campground was the trail options that were awesome to walk “spirited” dogs. The staff was very friendly and views quite nice. We would recommend this over all the Denali area campgrounds.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chillyvt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with some friends this weekend and could t be happier. The camp hosts were great, the location, wonderful, and the park was great. Highly recommend it. If you have a dog traveling with you the camp hosts will walk it for a small fee while you are flight seeing or touring. They are truly animal people too, not just in it for the money.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Abnclassic
Nanaimo B.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

This motel is part of the Rainbow Village RV Park. But don’t let that mislead you into thinking that it is of low quality. The hotel component is new and includes half dozen or so rooms. The rooms are excellent. They are very large, with an adjoining kitchenette. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Staff at the Motel is very friendly and helpful if you need directions or advice on where to go to visit the Park. I highly recommend the Rainbow Village Motel and would stay there again

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TravellerNanaimoB_C_
Brookfield, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

So we only were in the small motel rooms between 10 pm and 6am to sleep. Other than that we were in the Denali park or hitting the strip outside the park. We made it to the entrance in 10 minutes or so, and the staff and store were nice. They also have a walking trail which was cool. Yup the rooms are very small, but the tv worked, the shower was clean, the outlets all worked, so to me it was just fine and really great for the price as you will need to save money as food is $$ in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BrianArtforAnimals
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

I debated between staying here at the Denali RV Park & Motel or a few miles north in Healy at their Motel Nord Haven. The prices are quite different and in the end I decided to save some money and stay here even though I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews about how small the rooms are. We got a room with one double bed (all the other room types were already gone) and I was pleasantly surprised by it. We packed what we needed for our three night stay and the room had enough space for our two carry-on luggage, two backpacks, a bag full of snacks and food, water bottles, and a ton of outdoor gear (jackets, fleece sweaters, etc). I was very happy that they also had free wifi and cable tv for us to catch the Olympics on. There is not heating or cooling but they provide a portable electric heater which we used every night as it was quite chilly without it. Once we turned it on, the room became warm fairly quickly. Because we were in the lodge, there is also a general use microwave that you can use, chairs in the hallway with a table if you wanted to eat your breakfast there, and outside on the porch there is a sitting area if you wanted to just sit there and rest or eat out there. As the rooms aren't super big, it's useful to have these general areas available. The private bathroom was also nice...it was a bit small but enough room to do what you needed to do. The shower stall was a bit small, cramped....for me, I am much shorter than my husband and when I washed my hair, my head would keep hitting the water handle and turn the water off. However, there was always lots of hot water. I gave this 4 stars because as many others have said, you get what you pay for. Don't have high expectations and you will be happy. It is a place to sleep, to get a clean shower, watch tv, check email, and all for a very good price.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jorlan
Peoria, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed in an RV for one night, it was very clean and showers were hot! You did pay for the showers but 5 minutes for $3 not too bad. Desk clerk was friendly and helpful. Internet worked fine couldn't get channels for TV.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Denali Backcountry Lodge
Denali Backcountry Lodge
#2 of 7 in Denali National Park and Preserve
Denali Rainbow Village RV Park & Motel
Denali Rainbow Village RV Park &...
#5 of 7 in McKinley Village

Been to Denali RV Park & Motel? Share your experiences!