“Great scenic views, fun and dirt!” 5 of 5 bubbles

US$125.00*
and up
Denali ATV Trailblazer Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Denali's premier ATV tour company! 4 different guided tours in the Denali area. We use both 4-wheeler ATVs and 2-6 passenger side-by-side ATVs(tandem seating 4-wheelers not used due to safety concerns). Oldest customer to date: 105! We have car seats and booster seats for young children. All riding and rain gear (if necessary) provided.
Puerto Rico
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great scenic views, fun and dirt!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I took this tour as part of my Holland America Cruisetour excursions and it was AWESOME. They picked me up at the hotel and took us to the start of the trail. I was alone since I was traveling with my mom and she wasn't up to it. I was kind of nervous since I've never been on and ATV before but one of the guides was with me in the ATV. She drove the first half of it since I was still a little bit skeptical about it but I was glad since I got the chance to see around. We had some burgers and hot dogs in the middle of the wilderness and we even saw some hunters. I drove the second half of the trip and it was exhilarating! I truly recommend this for anyone! beginners and more experienced drivers. The staff was fun and really nice and its totally safe!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lory B

Conyers, Georgia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Midnight Sun ATV ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Soooooooooooo much fun! And sooooooooooooooo dusty! If you suffer from asthma, make sure you take your inhaler and a mask. Wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty. It hadn't rained in a while, so everything was massively dusty. Good thing our hotel had a balcony because we had to beat our clothes against the railing to try and get as much dust out as possible after the trip. Also, make sure you wear sunglasses or other protective eye wear.

Our driver was early picking us up to take us to the site. It is a ways out of town and there didn't appear to be any parking at the site where the tour begins. The tour is not technically a part of Denali National Park, but the area is surrounded on 3 sides by the park itself. This area would have been part of the park except that there was drilling (or something) going on in this area and so it was not annexed into the park.

When you arrive at the site, you are given a safety talk and instructed on how to use the ATV's - both single rider and side-by-side. You are then fitted with a helmet and drivers must complete a short driving test over similar terrain (all of maybe 100 feet). Then you are off!

We had 3 guides with us - one in front, middle and end - to help in case someone broke down. We did have one person on a single ATV who drove much slower than those behind her. Halfway through, she decided she couldn't handle it anymore and she ended up driving one of the guides' side-by-side while the guide drove her single rider back to the start. There is no narration as you drive - just not possible. You do stop in several places and the guides tell you about what you are seeing. Halfway through you stop at the "Sand Castle" in a gravel bed for hot chocolate and granola bars.

It was a beautiful ride! The night we went, we did get to see a "sunset" and then we saw the full "Super Moon". It was just breathtaking! I so want to do this again next time we are in Alaska.

Don't forget to cover yourself in 100% DEET. Every time we stopped, you could literally see swarms of mosquitoes trying to attack (think of those Off commercials on TV). The people that simply used regular Off or even the Off wipes were bitten all the time. Those of us that used 100% DEET were pretty much left alone (although you still had to swat at them a little as they swarmed).

Word of advise though - DO NOT schedule the Midnight Sun ride and then book an early morning (read: 7am) shuttle in Denali National Park for the next morning. We didn't get back to our hotel until 1am and by the time we all got showers to wash off the dust and DEET, it was close to 3am before we got to bed - only to be up 3 hours later.

Visited June 2013
5 Thank Michelle F
Sarasota, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Ugh!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

The ATV trail was just a rutted rocky road. The dust because of the dry conditions was terrible.
Nothing to see. Very disappointing. Then "lunch" consisted of frozen burgers. My veggie burger never thawed enough to be cooked. Same trail on the return route to the us. Staff was polite but no one stood out as an expert on the area. Expensive for what you get. Never again.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank bboop907
mike8380, Owner at Denali ATV Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Yes, June was dusty this year due to a lack of normal rainfall. The trail IS a rutted rocky road, most of which is navigable only by ATVs – that’s the whole point! Plus, most riders enjoy experiencing some of the trail made famous by the “Into the Wild” book and movie and moose are often encountered.

If the weather cooperates, riders do see majestic Mt. McKinley – never guaranteed but beautiful when visible. The lunch is hamburgers, hot dogs and veggie burgers. It is unfortunate that this guest never made the guide doing the cooking aware of this situation – yet so easy to remedy. Now, so long after the fact???

We are sorry that we were not able to please this guest – it is a rarity. Yet their review was posted months after their experience, in fact, after we had closed for the season. So not only were we unaware of their concerns, it was long past being able to offer any remedy.
Golden Valley, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

We saw and did a whole lot of amazing things while on our trip to Alaska. This, by far, was the most purely fun activity on our itinerary. My back was really bad so we did the Rhino, but it was still really fun. Muddy trails, gorgeous sights, just all around fun in the fresh air. We would definitely do a longer trip next time (we only did 2 hours). I could have done a full day and not gotten tired of the experience. Guides were really nice guys, and the group was nice and small.

Visited August 2013
Seattle, Washington
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great Last Minute Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

We booked this at the very last minute - 5 minutes before the shuttle arrived at our hotel since another booking had cancelled due to weather. Don't expect to see any wildlife on this tour but it's a lot of fun to ride an ATV and see some great views. If you ride an ATV a lot it might not be worth it since a lot of the fun was due to the new experience.

Visited September 2013