Hubby & I arrived around 5:00 pm after driving all the way from Seward. We were greeted by some very friendly hosts who gave us our keys and explained where our cabin was. When we pulled up to our cabin all I could say is ........OMG...our cabin was so adorable!!! We felt like we were really in Alaska.....an old fashioned ( newer ) cabin, that had a moose antler for a door handle! The cabin consisted of 2 beds, a small fridge & small microwave, a light, clock and heater....that's it! NO TV....NO PHONE..NO BATHROOM! The bath house was brand new and was only a few feet from our cabin. It was heated, and once you closed the door you had the whole bathroom to yourself! You had the wash basin, mirror, toilet, shower....it was all yours and no one else came in. There was a laundry room too if you wanted to wash clothes. We really didn't have much time to explore the property as we were only there two nights, but it looked pretty neat. If you wanted food, all you had to do was drive or walk across the hwy and there was a very nice café to eat at. We went and got our lunch to go there so we could take it on the Denali tour bus that we were going on in the morning. We had dinner and breakfast at the café across the street too and everything we ate was very very good.
Carlo Creek lodge was easy to find and was a short 15 - 20 min to the entrance of Denali NP.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Carlo Creek Lodge offers a rich Alaskan history having been homesteaded by our family in 1959. We are known by many for our distinctive features including black spruce burls and handcrafted log cabins. We invite you to stay nestled in the Alaska Range in a private bath cabin on the creek, shared bath cabin nestled in the woods, or one of our new Lodge Rooms. Enjoy a restful evening on wooded acres bordered by Carlo Creek. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Carlo Creek Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlo Creek Hotel Denali National Park And Preserve
- Carlo Creek Lodge Alaska/Denali National Park And Preserve