“Exhilerating!”
Review of Era Helicopters

Era Helicopters
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I chartered a private helicopter tour on July 1st. I can not say enough or even have the words to describe how wonderful this trip was! Our pilot Lambert, made us feel safe and very comfortable on this trip. We left from Anchorage and landed in Talkeetna. It was an experience of a lifetime and I highly recommend it! We flew over unspoiled land and got to see moose, beaver dams, sheep and sites I never even imagined existed! We flew over glaciers and got to see ice caves and flew to Mt. McKinley! We were fortunate enough to get to see it clearly and fly high over base camp for the hikers. Our pilot was extremely knowledgeable about everything Alaska and truly left us wanting more!Thanks for a once in a lifetime experience! We hope to be fortunate enough to come back!

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"views are amazing"
"took pictures"

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The heli-hiking tour with ERA was, without question, the best tour during our Alaska trip. The helicoptor lands on the ridge of a glacial valley where we met the our guide (a local naturalist). We traversed the valley examining the tundra flora, then followed the ridge, along a Dahl Sheep trail. The views are amazing and the information about the tundra very interesting. If you are going to Denali and like hiking, you should not miss this tour.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

My 11 years old son and I were on a father/son trip to Alaska. One thing we wanted to see was Fairbanks Bus 142 aka the Magic Bus in the story of Christoper McCandless. It lies 20 miles out on the Stampede Trail outside of Healy AK. The hike is very dangerous and not something I would do with my 11 year old son, but we both were inspired by Christoper McCandless' story and a special place we both wanted to see. While in Denail, we stopped by the Era Helicopter office on the off chance they wouldn't be booked solid with summer "flight seeing" tours to Denali / Glaciers, etc. We were in luck, they had added an extra helicopter this year and we were able to charter a trip to the bus. So a few hours later we were boarding our modern helicopter with a first rate pilot. The service and flight were spectacular, landing on the bank of river rocks a few hundred years from the bus. Our pilot was great and had read the story and knew the good side and bad side of Chris' story. We spent around 30 minutes at the bus and then our pilot flew us back to base following the Stampede Trail back to Stampede Rd and the back to Denali proper. What a great company with first-rate service. In a few hours, they bent over backwards to make our dream a reality. Thanks for helping us check another item off our bucket lists.

13  Thank 400samp
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The flight in to the glacier was smooth and I got to see much more of the Alaska range than I thought I would. Landing on the glacier was spectacular. I was overwhelmed with the beauty of the whole experience and would definitely recommend it for anyone visiting the area.

See more reviews
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Start to finish this tour was top notch all the way! From the driver Mary Kate and her boundless enthusiasm to the maintenance of the aircraft and the cool little booties we were given to wear. The grounds crew was friendly and efficient and put a lot of emphasis on safety (and for someone who has never been in a chopper, this put me at ease so I was able to actually enjoy the sights). The pilot Torrance was a smooth sailor and very knowledgeable on the surroundings. Who knew that glacier ice is so dense that it absorbs every color other than blue so that’s what we’re left to see!?! And a good thing too because it just so happens to be my favorite color ;) He even offered to take photos of me while enjoying my first taste of glacier melt! Yum!!! Many thanks Era! This was the trip of a lifetime and one I won’t soon forget!