“Solid dining choice after a long day in Denali”

Denali Park Salmon Bake
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our landmark bar and grill's Alaskan menu has something for everyone. While we get many compliments on our signature Cedar Plank Salmon, famous Halibut Tacos, full pound split Crab Legs and our Beer Battered Halibut; many consider our steaks, burgers and salads to be the best in the area. Offering nightly entertainment, The Bake is the biggest hub for nightlife in Denali. Open since 1984, The Bake has been celebrating life in Denali for 30 years.
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Even though it is located in Glitter gulch, this is a good place to eat after a long shuttle trip or discovery hike in Denali. It also had the best deal on King Crab legs we came across in our trip ($30 for a lb) My sister's crab legs were thick, not discount size either. I had the cedar-planked salmon, it was fresh and well-executed. Only minus was our seating location was not flat, so the crab liquids would flow down towards the diner if not careful.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,391)

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

From the outside, it didn't look very inviting, however, the food was just delicious! Coming in from the chilly autumn weather, I got a nice organic tea to warm me up. The service was very friendly and attentive. I had rockfish with very nice chutney, very well seaoned. My husband had rib, very huge plate, delicious though.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I'm from fairbanks and this is always a stop for lunch or dinner. The fish and chowder are phenomenal. Ask for Alex Moody as your server and you won't be disappointed. The friendly rustic atmosphere is a perfect fit in my Denali adventures.

Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Had a great dinner out at the real Alaskan salmon bake! Alex Moody did an excellent job and was incredibly helpful and personable.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We ate here for both of the nights that we stayed in this area. They offered a nice selection of Alaskan beers and the food was amazing! Each of our dinner selections was perfectly prepared and delicious.