“A good place for a tasty plate of Chicken Parmasan”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Denali Roadhouse Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Seating
Washington
“A good place for a tasty plate of Chicken Parmasan”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

The Roadhouse is a restaurant located on the property of the Denali River Cabins. Bulgarian students serve food there during the summer when I ate there.

The food is somewhat pricey, but prices are very high in Alaska compared with those in the Lower 48 States. Don’t come to Alaska looking for bargains!

I order the chicken parmesan, which was delicious and absolutely filled my huge plate along with veggies and rice. I simply could not eat it all, and I’m a big fellow.

I definitely recommend this restaurant. I also had a very good breakfast there, and the staff prepared quite a good turkey sandwich lunch for me to take on my tour of Denali National Park.

• Visited July 2012

Pennsylvania
“Best Burgers”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The tour guide said they had the best burgers.... so I tried one. YES, it was wonderful. Just what I needed.

It is a nice restaurant onsite and opens at 5am for those taking tours early in the morning.

Visited June 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
“Wonderful food!”
Reviewed 18 July 2008

We stayed at the Denali River cabins (in an "off-river" cabin) and made the short walk to the Roadhouse for the included free breakfast, and once for dinner. We loved both! The breakfast was a normal continental breakfast with cereal, muffins, fruit, bagels, etc, but they also offered a hot option every morning too. When we were there it was biscuits and gravy and they were awesome! When we had dinner, I got Halibut Fish and Chips and it was great! The servers were friendly and the food came in a timely manner while it was still hot! Overall, we loved it!

1 Thank Sara C
Florida
“Roadhouse Restaurant”
Reviewed 15 July 2007

We ate here after reading a "good review." It was nothing like that.
The food was far below our typical on the road meal. My meal of fish and "fresh" vegetables was a rubbery meal that had definitely been frozen. It tasted like a TV dinner. The other meal was a pot roast that was better and edible. The only thing "fresh" was our salad consisting of salad greens from a bag.

7 Thank bluemarlin15