“Only the great views saved that meal”

Two Dog Flats Grill at Rising Sun Motor Inn
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
San Antonio, Texas
“Only the great views saved that meal”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The black bean burger was mushy and uneventful and tofu taco gave tofu a bad name. The service was adequate but not overly attentive. Thankfully the views of the majestic mountains out the window diminished the shortcomings of the food. My suggestion is to eat up the scenery and pass by this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Joe C

Staunton
“Happy Staff/Happy Dining!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Bethany was the best server I have ever ever had and I travel extensively!

View is stunning, food is just very fine, especially the trout. Ate there at least 5 times during this stay and loved everything about Two Dog!

1 Thank Foamergirl
Billings, Montana
“So So”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We ate two dinners and three breakfasts here and also did the pack lunch.
This place is good for two meals and then it get's old. The menu is a very strange international/ vegetarian selection. My wife and I chose not to eat here again on our third night because of the limited menu. We really didn't want to have to resort to tofu. They never could get their breakfast potatoes right, every morning they were super hard and inedible. I would recommend getting a slice of their chocolate cake for dessert. Large enough to share. The staff were all really great, but I'm sure that changes every season. The wi-fi is for hotel guests and is dreadfully slow. The sack lunches aren't available until 8am and are $10 for about $5 worth of food. I'd suggest driving 10 minutes down the road to the grocery store or even getting sandwiches from the camp store on-site.

New York City, New York
“Surprisingly good”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

After dining at some other restaurants at national parks, I was not expecting a great meal. Thus, Two Dog Flats was a pleasant surprise. Friendly staff and fresh ingredients. Wines are decent as well. The food takes a while to come out, but that is OK! It just means they take care in there preparation. Plus while on vacation, a relaxed meal definitely nice.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank CAfromNYC
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Best dinner during Glacier trip!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Our dinner at the Two Dog Flats Grill was the best we had during our Glacier trip. My wife had the half trout dinner and I had the 5 oz Montana steak. Both were mouth watering delicious and we both lamented that we had not gotten the larger size version of our meals after a day of light eating and extensive hiking. The craft beer selection was a little weak, but the wine choices were good. We had the chia pudding for dessert - the huckleberry was fantastic, but the butterscotch lacked flavor. The service was great with the servers being very attentive and helpful and our meals came out very quickly. The lobby/restaurant is the only place with Wi-Fi at Rising Sun, and it was very good.