I stayed here one night as part of the mule ride package. The steak meal was also included. The cabins are small and rustic. The toilet is in a small closet but since I was staying solo, I left the door open, it could be quite claustrophobic if closed. The bed was small and the area is sparsely furnished however they do have electricity (I didn't bring my battery recharger) and a heater! I spoke with a family at breakfast who stayed in the dorms (gender separated) which was cool because they could not adjust their heater. I was glad I had my own cabin. The showers are in a separate area and accessed by your cabin key. They are dorm like shower so nothing to recommend but still a hot shower at the end of a long day! I would recommend getting a cabin instead of camping (and packing a tent!) when staying in the Canyon however the cabins get rented out fast. I heard people were reserving them about a year in advance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phantom Ranch is a historic oasis nestled at the bottom of Grand Canyon. It is on the north side of the Colorado River tucked in beside Bright Angel Creek. Phantom is the only lodging below the canyon rim. The Ranch can only be reached by mule, by foot or by rafting the Colorado River. Overnight accommodations at Phantom Ranch consist of dormitory spaces and cabins. Cabins and dormitories are heated in winter and cooled during the summer months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Phantom Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phantom Ranch Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Phantom Ranch Grand Canyon
- Grand Canyon Phantom Ranch