My wife & I stayed at the Grand Canyon North Rim Lodge Hotel for two nights during June and our cabin was located right on the edge of the canyon. Although very basic it had the necessities for a comfortable stay.
The bathroom wash basin taps only gave a trickle of water and so took an age to fill, other than that the shower worked, the lighting throughout the cabin was very poor.
On our arrival the hotel car park , it was nearly full as you get the day visitors using it as well as guests, this then involved a hundred yard hike with luggage to the hotel entrance.
Your not allowed to drive right up to the entrance doors.
If you intend to stay here I strongly recommend you make a dinner reservation as soon as you arrrive at reception as it's the only place you can get a decent meal and it closes at nine pm. We arrived at two pm and we told there was no need to book a table only to find when we went to the dining room reception at seven thirty that a table was not available untill eight forty five.
Whilst sitting in the reception area one evening I heard the resaturant manager tell a couple who arrived ten minutes late for their eight forty five booking that he coul not accommadate them.
The deli serves hot dogs, pizza, salads and such like, while at the Roughrider Saloon awful chili, crisps etc but not what you woud discribe as appetizing.
If you don't want a forty mile drive from the nearest town I suppose it's worth putting up with thes inconveniences.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The more remote North Rim offers up its beauty and solitude to those willing to make a little longer trek to cooler temperatures and greener vegetation of the Grand Canyon's less visited rim. Time means little here in this Nirvana for nature lovers…abundant forest beauty and wrap-around scenic splendor as sheer walls hold in the Colorado River a mile below. The only developed lodging within the National Park’s North Rim boundaries this historic treasure has cabins and lodging tucked into the trees and dotting the canyon edge. The historic dining room with wall to ceiling windows gives diners the unique opportunity to take in the Canyon's views and tasteful regional and sustainable delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended. For guests seeking a unique remembrance of their visit to this special place, there is a gift store and convenience store located at the North Rim. Authentic Native American handcrafts, jewelry and merchandise that is U.S.A. made by local and regional artists provide an array of gift items for guests to the Grand Canyon. Smell the pines, listen to the fluttering leaves of quaking aspen, and keep an eye out for a California condor, the largest bird in North America. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only open from mid May to mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Canyon Grand Lodge North Rim