Had tried to get a cabin in July for more than a year, without luck. But suddenly one cabin was available for one night so of we went, and the reviews/stories/pictures doesn't lie: This place is one of the most fantastic and amazing places we have ever experienced. From the first look at the North Rim from the hotel lobby to the sunrise from the hotels sundeck - the experience was awesome. The lodge itself is like a scenery taken from Dirty Dancing: The lobby, the dining room etc.just waits to have Patrick Swayze strolling in and utter the line: "Nobody puts baby in a corner". The service at the lodge is great, very nice and helpful people all over. The restaurant serves lovely food in as said surroundings that are amazing.
The cabin is small but cozy and has what you need - noting more noting less, and best of of: No tv, internet and very lmited cellcoverag = nice and quiet.
This place must beenseen to be believed, and whenever we are back on the westcoast ( we're from scandinavia ) we'll certainly try to get out there again for more that one night. A true wonder
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The more remote North Rim offers up its beauty and solitude to those willing to make a little longer trek to cooler temperatures and greener vegetation of the Grand Canyon's less visited rim. Time means little here in this Nirvana for nature lovers…abundant forest beauty and wrap-around scenic splendor as sheer walls hold in the Colorado River a mile below. The only developed lodging within the National Park’s North Rim boundaries this historic treasure has cabins and lodging tucked into the trees and dotting the canyon edge. The historic dining room with wall to ceiling windows gives diners the unique opportunity to take in the Canyon's views and tasteful regional and sustainable delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended. For guests seeking a unique remembrance of their visit to this special place, there is a gift store and convenience store located at the North Rim. Authentic Native American handcrafts, jewelry and merchandise that is U.S.A. made by local and regional artists provide an array of gift items for guests to the Grand Canyon. Smell the pines, listen to the fluttering leaves of quaking aspen, and keep an eye out for a California condor, the largest bird in North America. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only open from mid May to mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Canyon Grand Lodge North Rim