When you enter the lobby of this rustic lodge watch out. The view straight ahead, through the large picture windows, will take your breath away and make you forget to look where you're walking...stairs down ahead to the lounge area and stairs to the right to the dining room. Wife and I came here by 5-hour shuttle from the south rim for one night before starting our 5-day, rim2rim hike across the Grand Canyon. This facility is located right on the edge of the canyon with far fewer visitors than the South Rim. The staff was great. We didn't have ponchos for our hike and the sky was threatening. The receptionist gave us two large white plastic trash bags. Although we were called marshmellows the next day by other hikers we stayed dry. The room was clean, quiet and spacious so we could spread out our stuff for one last check before our hike. We did this same hike about 10 years ago and stayed here then with the same great experiences. Great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The more remote North Rim offers up its beauty and solitude to those willing to make a little longer trek to cooler temperatures and greener vegetation of the Grand Canyon's less visited rim. Time means little here in this Nirvana for nature lovers…abundant forest beauty and wrap-around scenic splendor as sheer walls hold in the Colorado River a mile below. The only developed lodging within the National Park’s North Rim boundaries this historic treasure has cabins and lodging tucked into the trees and dotting the canyon edge. The historic dining room with wall to ceiling windows gives diners the unique opportunity to take in the Canyon's views and tasteful regional and sustainable delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended. For guests seeking a unique remembrance of their visit to this special place, there is a gift store and convenience store located at the North Rim. Authentic Native American handcrafts, jewelry and merchandise that is U.S.A. made by local and regional artists provide an array of gift items for guests to the Grand Canyon. Smell the pines, listen to the fluttering leaves of quaking aspen, and keep an eye out for a California condor, the largest bird in North America. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only open from mid May to mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Canyon Grand Lodge North Rim