We stayed in Western Cabin #314 for one night in late May, 2013. The cabin had a porch with two rocking chairs, gas fireplace, 2 queen beds, nice bathroom (great shower), and a small table with two chairs. Everything was clean and relatively new, considering that the construction is essentially a log cabin.
When reserving online, keep checking back because the status/availability changes many times each day. You can always cancel a previous reservation and make a new one.
When we arrived, after the beautiful drive, we took a walk around the location of the Western cabins and noted which ones had the best locations. We then made some specific requests at the front desk and they were able to help us. They assign cabins once at approx. 2p and again at approx 4p.
Book a reservation for dinner in the lodge online before you arrive. Then check with the concierge to request a window during sunset-- incredible!!
Don't miss the Bright Angel Trail and drinks on the lodge patio at dusk. It's truly a special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The more remote North Rim offers up its beauty and solitude to those willing to make a little longer trek to cooler temperatures and greener vegetation of the Grand Canyon's less visited rim. Time means little here in this Nirvana for nature lovers…abundant forest beauty and wrap-around scenic splendor as sheer walls hold in the Colorado River a mile below. The only developed lodging within the National Park’s North Rim boundaries this historic treasure has cabins and lodging tucked into the trees and dotting the canyon edge. The historic dining room with wall to ceiling windows gives diners the unique opportunity to take in the Canyon's views and tasteful regional and sustainable delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended. For guests seeking a unique remembrance of their visit to this special place, there is a gift store and convenience store located at the North Rim. Authentic Native American handcrafts, jewelry and merchandise that is U.S.A. made by local and regional artists provide an array of gift items for guests to the Grand Canyon. Smell the pines, listen to the fluttering leaves of quaking aspen, and keep an eye out for a California condor, the largest bird in North America. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only open from mid May to mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Canyon Grand Lodge North Rim