The lodge is very easy to find - the lobby is located right at the end of Highway 67. The location is just awesome - right on the edge of the Grand Canyon. The lobby is breathtaking and so is the view from there (adjacent to both sides of the lobby are two huge patios where you can sit and enjoy the view and there is also a nice view from the dining room).
The staff at the front desk was very friendly and check-in was smooth.
The parking lot is located directly across the motel section of the resort (where we had our room).
The room was pretty nice and clean (but keep in mind: no tv, no wifi in the room). We had a small refrigerator although - came in very handy. Our room was very quiet.
But during our first night, we had a small visitor: a very small grey mouse (we called the front-desk but they said that this species is no health risk - they offered to send somebody up to set a trap, but we refused and said they should do that the next morning). We also told the front desk the next morning where the mouse hole wos located (cause we found it in the meantime). But the whole day nobody showed up to set a trap. And also nobody made up the room (but we did get new towls - pretty weird).
The second night the mouse didn't show up, because we put all the food inside our suitcases.
The price for this room was reasonable but service could be much better - the location although can't be beat - away from all the crowds down at the south rim.
We will return for sure !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The more remote North Rim offers up its beauty and solitude to those willing to make a little longer trek to cooler temperatures and greener vegetation of the Grand Canyon's less visited rim. Time means little here in this Nirvana for nature lovers…abundant forest beauty and wrap-around scenic splendor as sheer walls hold in the Colorado River a mile below. The only developed lodging within the National Park’s North Rim boundaries this historic treasure has cabins and lodging tucked into the trees and dotting the canyon edge. The historic dining room with wall to ceiling windows gives diners the unique opportunity to take in the Canyon's views and tasteful regional and sustainable delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended. For guests seeking a unique remembrance of their visit to this special place, there is a gift store and convenience store located at the North Rim. Authentic Native American handcrafts, jewelry and merchandise that is U.S.A. made by local and regional artists provide an array of gift items for guests to the Grand Canyon. Smell the pines, listen to the fluttering leaves of quaking aspen, and keep an eye out for a California condor, the largest bird in North America. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only open from mid May to mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Canyon Grand Lodge North Rim