When I called I got the last cabin so I had no idea what we were getting into. Turned out to be the best place we stayed durning our trip. It had. 1 single bed and 1 double bed I know odd. Smallish bathroom but nicely furnished. The night was cool and we left the windows open. Quiet and well maintained grounds, the tall pines are just so relaxing and breath taking.
The lodge has one restaurant mad you MUST hVe dinner reservations. The food was ok, but not the best. However, the restaurant is really trying to be something it isn't,and. Little off putting. Breakfast is both menu and a buffet and actually really very good.
The other facilities in the park also great: gift shop, visitor center and general store (only place for wi-if). All we're well stocked.
I want for go ack and spend a couple of nights and really enjoy the environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The more remote North Rim offers up its beauty and solitude to those willing to make a little longer trek to cooler temperatures and greener vegetation of the Grand Canyon's less visited rim. Time means little here in this Nirvana for nature lovers…abundant forest beauty and wrap-around scenic splendor as sheer walls hold in the Colorado River a mile below. The only developed lodging within the National Park’s North Rim boundaries this historic treasure has cabins and lodging tucked into the trees and dotting the canyon edge. The historic dining room with wall to ceiling windows gives diners the unique opportunity to take in the Canyon's views and tasteful regional and sustainable delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended. For guests seeking a unique remembrance of their visit to this special place, there is a gift store and convenience store located at the North Rim. Authentic Native American handcrafts, jewelry and merchandise that is U.S.A. made by local and regional artists provide an array of gift items for guests to the Grand Canyon. Smell the pines, listen to the fluttering leaves of quaking aspen, and keep an eye out for a California condor, the largest bird in North America. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only open from mid May to mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Canyon Grand Lodge North Rim