We decided to stay 1 night all they had was a motel room. We got a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the woods which was good. But the bed was terrible after a long day of hiking. When we got there it was around 2:00 pm our room was not ready so we decided to eat there in the main dining room. They were still serving lunch and we were starving after the long drive in from Bryce Canyon. They had a buffet with sandwich fixings and 2 kinds of soup and salad and fruit so we decided to try it. I was good but not worth the price around $15.00 a plate, The views are great but you need to have the best beds to back it up. People expect great beds with the best bathrooms and food with the views. I bet our bed was around 15ys old what a shame I would have to say we will not be back its on the been there done that list..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The more remote North Rim offers up its beauty and solitude to those willing to make a little longer trek to cooler temperatures and greener vegetation of the Grand Canyon's less visited rim. Time means little here in this Nirvana for nature lovers…abundant forest beauty and wrap-around scenic splendor as sheer walls hold in the Colorado River a mile below. The only developed lodging within the National Park’s North Rim boundaries this historic treasure has cabins and lodging tucked into the trees and dotting the canyon edge. The historic dining room with wall to ceiling windows gives diners the unique opportunity to take in the Canyon's views and tasteful regional and sustainable delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended. For guests seeking a unique remembrance of their visit to this special place, there is a gift store and convenience store located at the North Rim. Authentic Native American handcrafts, jewelry and merchandise that is U.S.A. made by local and regional artists provide an array of gift items for guests to the Grand Canyon. Smell the pines, listen to the fluttering leaves of quaking aspen, and keep an eye out for a California condor, the largest bird in North America. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only open from mid May to mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Canyon Grand Lodge North Rim