Fabulous views from front porch of western cabin rim view #301!!! Everyone who came by our cabin commented how we had the best views in the house. Easy access to the main lodge and restaurants. In the afternoon the trees on the right side provide shade on the porch so you are able to sit outside and enjoy the views. Nice bonus is watching the sunset as you sit on your front porch in your rocking chairs enjoying a glass of your favorite beverage and able to hear the ranger programs on the terrace. It is located next to the main lodge outdoor east terrace and entrance to a couple of walking trails so there is a lot of foot traffic. For the most part no one really notices you on the porch because the trail is down slope and they past below your cabin. They are concentrating on were to walk. Only when they pass the entrance steps to the porch do they realize someone is there. At night it was quiet and had no problems with noise.
If you want a more private room with less foot traffic and a nice view get room #306. The full afternoon sun does hit the porch area of this room with no shade during this time of the year.
You are unable to drive up to any rooms in the lodgings. However they do provide porter service, which you may have to wait a while for help. Porter will drive you in a golf cart to and from your car and right up to your room.
Our cabin had two queen beds with fireplace. Across the bathroom was a small changing room with a counter and wall mirror. Place to hang your clothes, iron w/board and a small refrigerator. Also included was a hair dryer and toiletries such as soap, shampoo, conditioner.
I regularly use tripadvisor’s reviews to find good tips. So I decided I should reciprocate and hope this helps someone.
Six rim view canyons ranked according to best views. Rooms 301,305,306,309 are perched right on the rim.
1. 301 best view, shaded in afternoon, but lots of foot traffic.
2. 306 nice view, private, but full sun in afternoon and get hot sitting outside.
3. 309 porch not facing view, but a line of trees in front. Need to look to the side of your porch to enjoy your canyon views. I have been told that the interior of this room is the nicest and different from all the other western cabins. Don’t know details on how it is nicer. May have view from window inside cabin.
4. 305 porch facing neighboring cabin and not rim. Need to look to the side of your porch for rim view. May have view from window inside cabin.
5. 310 Further back from rim. Did not look at it.
6. Do not know which one is the last rim view cabin.
The first night we stayed in room #332, western cabin with no rim view. It was nice and private facing the tree line along the Bright Angel trail. Just a short walk up to the trail you can see great views of the canyon. I could however see parts of the canyon in between the trees from our room. From the map the other cabins that appear to be more appealing would be room #320 (if not considered rim view), 332, 339 340, & 360. They have private porches on the end and not looking across to another cabin.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The more remote North Rim offers up its beauty and solitude to those willing to make a little longer trek to cooler temperatures and greener vegetation of the Grand Canyon's less visited rim. Time means little here in this Nirvana for nature lovers…abundant forest beauty and wrap-around scenic splendor as sheer walls hold in the Colorado River a mile below. The only developed lodging within the National Park’s North Rim boundaries this historic treasure has cabins and lodging tucked into the trees and dotting the canyon edge. The historic dining room with wall to ceiling windows gives diners the unique opportunity to take in the Canyon's views and tasteful regional and sustainable delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended. For guests seeking a unique remembrance of their visit to this special place, there is a gift store and convenience store located at the North Rim. Authentic Native American handcrafts, jewelry and merchandise that is U.S.A. made by local and regional artists provide an array of gift items for guests to the Grand Canyon. Smell the pines, listen to the fluttering leaves of quaking aspen, and keep an eye out for a California condor, the largest bird in North America. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only open from mid May to mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Canyon Grand Lodge North Rim