Tucked away literally on the rim of the Grand Canyon the Grand Canyon Lodge mixes sophisticated eating with cabins echoing of the camps of our childhood with wood cabins, log furniture and cabin interiors. Washrooms are modern and all accommodations come with power outlets. The Lodge House comes with fantastic sitting areas outside and in to look over 20 miles to the south rim, a fine restaurant and gift shop, post office and bar Guaranteed fresh air and the smell of ponderosa pines will linger. There are two ways to get to the Lodge, drive of some 4.5 hours from the South Rim or hiking across the Canyon, of which I accomplished the latter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The more remote North Rim offers up its beauty and solitude to those willing to make a little longer trek to cooler temperatures and greener vegetation of the Grand Canyon's less visited rim. Time means little here in this Nirvana for nature lovers…abundant forest beauty and wrap-around scenic splendor as sheer walls hold in the Colorado River a mile below. The only developed lodging within the National Park’s North Rim boundaries this historic treasure has cabins and lodging tucked into the trees and dotting the canyon edge. The historic dining room with wall to ceiling windows gives diners the unique opportunity to take in the Canyon's views and tasteful regional and sustainable delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended. For guests seeking a unique remembrance of their visit to this special place, there is a gift store and convenience store located at the North Rim. Authentic Native American handcrafts, jewelry and merchandise that is U.S.A. made by local and regional artists provide an array of gift items for guests to the Grand Canyon. Smell the pines, listen to the fluttering leaves of quaking aspen, and keep an eye out for a California condor, the largest bird in North America. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only open from mid May to mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Canyon Grand Lodge North Rim