My family and I stayed here for 2 nights on our cross country national park road trip. We booked a rim side pioneer cabin a year in advance and were not disappointed. We checked in a little later than was expected, but the young ladies working the desk were very helpful and went above and beyond their duties to get us into our cabin. Contrary to other reviews that I read previously, our cabin did have a decent view of the canyon. It may not have been the most grand, but was more than I was expecting given what I had read. The north rim is much more secluded and tranquil in comparison to the south rim and offered a completely different experience than it's counterpart. I would definitely recommend booking a year in advance as well as a pizza from the Deli in the Pines and drink from the Roughrider Saloon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The more remote North Rim offers up its beauty and solitude to those willing to make a little longer trek to cooler temperatures and greener vegetation of the Grand Canyon's less visited rim. Time means little here in this Nirvana for nature lovers…abundant forest beauty and wrap-around scenic splendor as sheer walls hold in the Colorado River a mile below. The only developed lodging within the National Park’s North Rim boundaries this historic treasure has cabins and lodging tucked into the trees and dotting the canyon edge. The historic dining room with wall to ceiling windows gives diners the unique opportunity to take in the Canyon's views and tasteful regional and sustainable delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended. For guests seeking a unique remembrance of their visit to this special place, there is a gift store and convenience store located at the North Rim. Authentic Native American handcrafts, jewelry and merchandise that is U.S.A. made by local and regional artists provide an array of gift items for guests to the Grand Canyon. Smell the pines, listen to the fluttering leaves of quaking aspen, and keep an eye out for a California condor, the largest bird in North America. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only open from mid May to mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Canyon Grand Lodge North Rim