Two nights in one of the motel rooms. They are small and very basic and the bed was hard. The main lodge building was no more than okay and we felt that there was a lack of care about the place as a whole with it seeming rather rundown. For example it was obvious that the restrooms were not regularly checked as the men's was dirty with paper all over the floor. We ate one night in the main restaurant and although my prime rib was fine my wife's fish dish was tough! Also a bit pricey. Second night we went on the 'Cook-out' which was a complete rip-off with a pathetic amount of third rate food which was very rushed, (eating finished in 15 minutes) and a pretty average pair of entertainers. The whole event took place in a tent behind a service station ten minutes from the lodge. Total of 75 minutes from start to finish. Avoid this at all costs.
The whole place could have been a really memorable experience when visiting such a natural wonder by the visit was marred by the fairly mediocre Grand Canyon Losge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The more remote North Rim offers up its beauty and solitude to those willing to make a little longer trek to cooler temperatures and greener vegetation of the Grand Canyon's less visited rim. Time means little here in this Nirvana for nature lovers…abundant forest beauty and wrap-around scenic splendor as sheer walls hold in the Colorado River a mile below. The only developed lodging within the National Park’s North Rim boundaries this historic treasure has cabins and lodging tucked into the trees and dotting the canyon edge. The historic dining room with wall to ceiling windows gives diners the unique opportunity to take in the Canyon's views and tasteful regional and sustainable delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended. For guests seeking a unique remembrance of their visit to this special place, there is a gift store and convenience store located at the North Rim. Authentic Native American handcrafts, jewelry and merchandise that is U.S.A. made by local and regional artists provide an array of gift items for guests to the Grand Canyon. Smell the pines, listen to the fluttering leaves of quaking aspen, and keep an eye out for a California condor, the largest bird in North America. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only open from mid May to mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Canyon Grand Lodge North Rim