We were quite lucky to find an available cabin that fit our schedule in this lone lodging facility on the North Rim and booked it immediately. The experience exceeded even our expectations.
We arrived just a bit early, but they had some cabins available and were willing to check us in. Unfortunately, we found our assigned cabin had not been cleaned. No problem - the manager checked his list and gave us a choice of several others, and I chose one that was no more than 20 paces from the rim trail.
No TV in these cabins, no internet, and we didn't even miss them. We had an excellent one night stay in the cabin, which was spacious and clean. The bathroom was small, but the water/shower worked better than in your average motel.
We enjoyed it so much, we stayed a bit later in the morning than we had planned just to sip coffee with the windows open and enjoy the quiet and cool along the rim. Terrific experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The more remote North Rim offers up its beauty and solitude to those willing to make a little longer trek to cooler temperatures and greener vegetation of the Grand Canyon's less visited rim. Time means little here in this Nirvana for nature lovers…abundant forest beauty and wrap-around scenic splendor as sheer walls hold in the Colorado River a mile below. The only developed lodging within the National Park’s North Rim boundaries this historic treasure has cabins and lodging tucked into the trees and dotting the canyon edge. The historic dining room with wall to ceiling windows gives diners the unique opportunity to take in the Canyon's views and tasteful regional and sustainable delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended. For guests seeking a unique remembrance of their visit to this special place, there is a gift store and convenience store located at the North Rim. Authentic Native American handcrafts, jewelry and merchandise that is U.S.A. made by local and regional artists provide an array of gift items for guests to the Grand Canyon. Smell the pines, listen to the fluttering leaves of quaking aspen, and keep an eye out for a California condor, the largest bird in North America. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only open from mid May to mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Canyon Grand Lodge North Rim