Stayed in a Cabin for 2 nights while in the North Rim Grand Canyon, Because the Lodge was booked out, The Cabin was ideal for me It had two double beds and the only thing in the room that did not work was a lamp which was no big deal because the main light worked and everything else in the Cabin worked fine. Plus my Cabin was very close to where one of the hiking trails started, Also only a 5 min. walk to the lodge, The Cabin was clean and tidy had what I wanted for 2 nights had a drink vending machine about 2 meters from my Cabin..
The Lodge Restaurant was a bit pricey but not many places to eat at the North Rim They did have 2 places right outside the lodge but there opening & Closing hours made it a bit hard so I did not eat at the 2 places outside the Lodge. Had my first dinner at the lodge Restaurant and my second dinner I went to place that you have to book at the lodge where a train on wheels comes and picks you up outside of the Lodge and takes you for a 15 min. ride to a all you can eat dinner and show the food was great and the show was not bad either..
My tips for your food is to walk to the general store which is just past the camping area and get your hiking food or food in general from there as it is a reasonable priced store !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The more remote North Rim offers up its beauty and solitude to those willing to make a little longer trek to cooler temperatures and greener vegetation of the Grand Canyon's less visited rim. Time means little here in this Nirvana for nature lovers…abundant forest beauty and wrap-around scenic splendor as sheer walls hold in the Colorado River a mile below. The only developed lodging within the National Park’s North Rim boundaries this historic treasure has cabins and lodging tucked into the trees and dotting the canyon edge. The historic dining room with wall to ceiling windows gives diners the unique opportunity to take in the Canyon's views and tasteful regional and sustainable delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended. For guests seeking a unique remembrance of their visit to this special place, there is a gift store and convenience store located at the North Rim. Authentic Native American handcrafts, jewelry and merchandise that is U.S.A. made by local and regional artists provide an array of gift items for guests to the Grand Canyon. Smell the pines, listen to the fluttering leaves of quaking aspen, and keep an eye out for a California condor, the largest bird in North America. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only open from mid May to mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Canyon Grand Lodge North Rim