We paid big bucks to stay in a rim view lodge. It was my wife's favourite accomadation of the whole holiday. As for me? Well, yes the view was stunning. We were lucky because from what I saw, not every porch faced the rim directly so that's something to look for when choosing your lodge, if, like us, you are lucky enough to be able to do so. Some lodges have a sideways view of the lodge, so our neighbours would have got a fantastic view of not only the north rim but of me and my wife.
The lodges themselves are typical National Park. In need of modernisation, in my opinion. Yes, they are clean, but they are also lived in. Our lodge had a bath and shower, a log fire and two queen sized beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The more remote North Rim offers up its beauty and solitude to those willing to make a little longer trek to cooler temperatures and greener vegetation of the Grand Canyon's less visited rim. Time means little here in this Nirvana for nature lovers…abundant forest beauty and wrap-around scenic splendor as sheer walls hold in the Colorado River a mile below. The only developed lodging within the National Park’s North Rim boundaries this historic treasure has cabins and lodging tucked into the trees and dotting the canyon edge. The historic dining room with wall to ceiling windows gives diners the unique opportunity to take in the Canyon's views and tasteful regional and sustainable delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended. For guests seeking a unique remembrance of their visit to this special place, there is a gift store and convenience store located at the North Rim. Authentic Native American handcrafts, jewelry and merchandise that is U.S.A. made by local and regional artists provide an array of gift items for guests to the Grand Canyon. Smell the pines, listen to the fluttering leaves of quaking aspen, and keep an eye out for a California condor, the largest bird in North America. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only open from mid May to mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Canyon Grand Lodge North Rim