Dump. In our two week road trip I had the worst night's sleep here. I did have high expectations for our rim side Pioneer cabin, but when we walked in and there was no view they started to sink. Then my friend and I started killing the bugs: several large mosquitos (and I mean LARGE), some weird green thing, a 1.5 inch cricket, a spider, and countless other critters. The room had not been cleaned, in fact the comment card from the previous tenant had been left all filled out!! I realize there is no other place to stay in the park but if you have to then get the cheapest room possible, then you won't feel like you are being ripped off so much. I am not picky, but I couldn't sleep at all because I heard noises and spent the night wondering what was crawling next to me. Yuck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The more remote North Rim offers up its beauty and solitude to those willing to make a little longer trek to cooler temperatures and greener vegetation of the Grand Canyon's less visited rim. Time means little here in this Nirvana for nature lovers…abundant forest beauty and wrap-around scenic splendor as sheer walls hold in the Colorado River a mile below. The only developed lodging within the National Park’s North Rim boundaries this historic treasure has cabins and lodging tucked into the trees and dotting the canyon edge. The historic dining room with wall to ceiling windows gives diners the unique opportunity to take in the Canyon's views and tasteful regional and sustainable delights for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are recommended. For guests seeking a unique remembrance of their visit to this special place, there is a gift store and convenience store located at the North Rim. Authentic Native American handcrafts, jewelry and merchandise that is U.S.A. made by local and regional artists provide an array of gift items for guests to the Grand Canyon. Smell the pines, listen to the fluttering leaves of quaking aspen, and keep an eye out for a California condor, the largest bird in North America. The North Rim of the Grand Canyon is only open from mid May to mid October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Canyon Lodge - North Rim Hotel Grand Canyon National Park
- Canyon Grand Lodge North Rim