“Great place in a great location”
Review of Maswik Lodge

Maswik Lodge
Reviewed 24 February 2014

It was our second stay in Grand Canyon National Park and we have decided to go for the cheapest option and it proved great. The room was very decent and you are really just a step from the rim - and the nature is all around you. The rooms on the first floor have much higher ceilings, which is definitely a plus; our room was spacious and clean. Perfect place to stay if you are not too fancy:-) Anyhow - you are in Grand Canyon and this is what matters.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kasia M

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We recently visited the Grand Canyon and stayed at Maswik Lodge. The accommodations weren't overly fancy, but they were comfortable and clean. After all, when you are at the Grand Canyon, it's not about the room you are sleeping in! Our room had two queen beds and provided more than enough space for the three of us. Everything in the room was in good working order. The room also had a small refrigerator, which was a nice added feature. The rates were very reasonable, and you can't beat the fact that we were just a short walk from the rim of the Canyon! Maswik Lodge also offered a gift shop and cafeteria style dining. However, the other park lodges were also in walking distance for additional dining options. We ate at Maswik and Bright Angel, and found the food, the portion sizes, and the staff to be great at both locations. Overall, this was a great way to experience the Grand Canyon!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Mary G
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is certainly a place to consider if you are thinking of staying within the National Park. The rooms are clean and size is also good considering it is a "lodge". It is a serviced lodge and we were provided with almost all amenities we could think of. The rooms are tidied and amenities re-filled everyday. I recommend staying here if you are thinking of watching sunrise at the Canyon. There is shuttle pickup right at the lodge office which is really useful as not all routes inside the canyon are allowed via car and not to mention the economic food court present here which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Overall I certainly recommend this place for your Grand Canyon experience.

3  Thank JuneC_Trips
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Arrival Date: May 12, 2014 (Monday)
Depart Date: May 15, 2014 (Thursday)
Property: Maswik Lodge
Room Type: Standard 2 Queen North
Nights: 3
Nightly Rate, Per Room (including tax): $207.34
Location: Village Loop Dr, Grand Canyon, Arizona, 86023

Let me know if anyone can use it.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Qaiser2014
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My wife and I were going to stay at a Flagstaff Marriott property over 2 days, but felt it was too far from the Grand Canyon sites. While driving from Phoenix to Flagstaff, we decided to call a few of the Grand Canyon National Park hotels from the car, hoping not to pay a lot, but to also get a clean facility. For this trip, we didn't need a pool, weight room, concierge, valet parking, or gourmet dining and us city folk were simply in the mood to experience something more rustic. We've stayed in a few "cabin-like" accommodations in the past, only to be disappointed sharing our living space with spiders and other critters, as well as get rooms that were old, dingy, damp and smelly. So, here's what our experience was at the Maswik Lodge, a property within the Grand Canyon National Park. We blindly booked a one night stay at Maswick Lodge for $119, king bed with WIFI (we were told some rooms don't have WIFI and were $87). We entered the hotal area of the park (there are 4 places to stay in a 1/2 mile radius) and walked up to the Lodge Building to check in. The Lodge is awesome, with WIFI and contains a Sports Bar Pub, a cafeteria style eating area with 5 unique food stations, and the check-in desk. If you can't find something to eat in the Lodge, you must be a Martian. We headed towards our room, 1 block away. Upon approaching the building, it looked very oldc and we were nervous. It's a 2 story building without elevators, bad lighting and creepy looking. However, we opened the modern keyless entry door, and the 1st thing we noticed was the fresh, clean smell in the room. Then realized the interior was remodeled, spacious and quite nice. What a relief after a 4.5 hour drive from Phoenix. I noticed I couldn't get the WIFI to work then called the front desk who proceeded to tell me the rooms don't have WIFI and I'd have to come to the Lodge. I told her I felt misled and not happy. I walked to the Lodge and the spoke to the manager, Sommer, who apologized and ended up giving me the room for $87, for the hassle of walking to the Lodge when I wanted WIFI. Overall, the place is great, within minutes of the South Rim and multiple vistas overlooking the Grand Canyon. It made our short stay in the Grand Canyon area much more enjoyable.

Room Tip: Cell phone usage in this area is unpredictable. Also, take some time to get acquainted with the park...
10  Thank mapail
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was a little apprehensive booking this motel since it was number 3 of 3 on Tripadvisor, but the other two had no rooms. I was extremely impressed with the size of the room and how clean it was. The bathroom appeared to have been updated, I'm guessing fairly recently. The décor was southwest which isn't exactly my cup of tea, but no big deal. I would say this motel is a good value, especially in January. I would absolutely stay here again and recommend to friends and family.

4  Thank cziegler
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Brilliant location, we arrived at about 5 pm and maybe we were tired but it is tricky to first find the lodge, once you have it's all good. Rooms okay, we knew it wasn't going to be a 5 star experience but given we paid just over a $100 with taxes, good value. Bed linen was a bit old with a few rips but clean. No problems with heating, we were toasty warm. Meals were fine pizza one night and we all choose something else the following. The slices of pie were yummy! The fridge was old and in the morning our food was frozen! So glad we stayed inside the national park.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon
Canyon Plaza Resort
Canyon Plaza Resort
#5 of 6 in Tusayan

Been to Maswik Lodge? Share your experiences!