Maswik Lodge
Yavapai Lodge(Grand Canyon National Park)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$270
US$255
US$160
US$131
El Tovar Hotel(Grand Canyon National Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
3,088 results
All reviewsfood courtpizza pubshort walknorth roomsgrand canyonsouth rimnational parkair conditioninggift shopmain buildingcafeteria styleel tovarbright angelshuttle buscoffee makerceiling fannothing fancy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I really don't like leaving poor reviews, but I have to be honest about this place. I understand wanting a "rustic" feel, but this was just so outdated and no frills. No AC which I knew, so I can't complain about that. I think they should at least have screen doors on the rooms if there isn't going to be any AC - so many of the guests just kept their doors open b/c it was cooler outside than in the room. I am not the type that needs to stay in a luxury hotel, but there are things that this hotel could do to make improvements. Garbage bags for one. Ever try to eat an avocado with no garbage back in the pail? I felt bad for the person who had to clean, so I bought garbage bags.

I just had to keep telling myself that it was an "outdoor" feel and pretend I was camping. lol The good thing was the location. It's inside the park and that's what it has going for it and I suppose that's why they can get away w/ not making changes, because people (like me) were willing to pay $100/night just to be able to stay in the park.

That said, I won't stay there again. I will spend the extra money and stay at a better hotel in the park.

Room Tip: North rim rooms don't have a view of the canyon - they are just on the north side of the property rather than south and just a few steps away from the south rooms...supposedly they are updated, though and have AC.
1  Thank happy4me2
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This place is huge - 26 buildings in all. Check-in staff indifferent and we were treated coldly after a long drive. The lobby and gift shop was nice, but the rooms are very outdated and in desperate need to renovation. Our room had A/C which I consider a must during the summer. We ordered a rollaway and it was in our room upon arrival. Maswik Lodge is far away from any view of the Grand Canyon. You have to walk to a shuttle, or drive our own car. Ice machines were in each of the buildings around us, which was nice. The only Wi-Fi is in the hotel lobby (a separate building some distance away), it's difficult to log on, and it throws you off every 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Make sure you get A/C. We talked with another couple from Australia who were given a simple "fan on a stick" and they were desperate to find another place with A/C.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ron97062
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stayed here in June, and I thought that, given the nighttime temps in the area, that we would not be hot. It was manageable with fans, but still warmer than I imagined. Still, it is convenient, and the dining area is nice.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Secluded and comfortable in a rustic environ. The facilities are pretty outdated, but because we were out most of the day, and so tired upon our return, we were ok with it. It is off the beaten path and a hike to get around but the bus service was very crowded! I wish someone had told us to study the park maps for shortcuts!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

If all one wants is a room, this is the place to stay. The room was clean but severely dated. There is no air conditioning. The room was hot upon checking into it, While it had 2 fans to help ventilation, unfortunately, the windows are not secure to keep partially opened. So it was a bit warm through out the night. While it was much cooler at night, the building retains the heat. The bed was ok, The pillows were so so. The towels were stiff, actually rough. The typical complimentary lotion was half full. The TV was a tube TV with poor reception. The mini refrigerator generates significant heat. It is best to unplug it. There are other lodges on the southern rim that may be much better. Bring a flashlight to walk around the area as there is no street lighting. The Grand Canyon hike and National Park was as expected. There is a General Store that one can get staples. The souvenirs were a bit cheaper there.

Room Tip: Get a room that is not facing the bus parking lot or train tracks
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple