“AMAZING”

Maswik Lodge
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“AMAZING”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My sister and I visited my son and his companion.it was our first vacation ever. the trip was great but when we got to the Canyon, it was completely breathe taking. Everyone was friendly, it was very clean, the park and the rooms. fantastic view, beautiful animals. the housekeeping staff was wonderful. i plan to visit again in Dec. i so look forward to it.

Room Tip: get a room on any back side, the rear view is great.Ours had A/C, vaulted ceilings and ceiling fan.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank tammycp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed in the Maswik Lodge cabins in early July. While the room was very hot during late afternoon, it quickly cooled off when it got dark so not having air conditioning is not an issue. However, the cabin just felt dirty - the carpet looks extremely old and the bedspread also looked old. While the room was technically clean(no mold or dust), it just felt dirty because of the carpet and bedspread. The cafeteria is great and the dinner prices are reasonable. They also said I had two queen beds, but they were not. They were either full or double beds.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TDTX

Travellers are raving about these Grand Canyon National Park hotels

Mount Clemens, Michigan
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Not the fanciest accommodations but you can't beat the location and whatever you want to do around the Canyon, there are buses, vans, etc to pick you up. The room was clean and pretty big. There are several restaurants/bars/shops within walking distance and the Canyon is only a 5 minute walk.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lauren R
Ohio
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This isn't The Bright Angel or El Tovar but I really like the stay. I preferred being a 5 minute walk from the rim as I didn't have people walking outside my room at all hours. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank plucky132
USA
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My 2 children (8, 15), and I stayed at Maswick Lodge in June, and we really loved it!

The staff was so accommodating to anything and everything we needed. The room rate was excellent, and it was wonderful to stay in the park.

The food court had so many choices, and the food was very good. I found myself looking forward to the meals.

One morning, 5 elk walked right outside our room and stood there grazing for almost 10 minutes!

Recommendations:

Request a second-floor room
Leave windows open all day with fans running to help keep the room cooler.
If you need anything at all, just ask their very helpful staff.

I am already planning a return trip to the a Grand Canyon, and wouldn't consider staying anywhere except Maswick!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank YellowstoneFan2016
naples, fl
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Globus put us up here and it was convenient to the South Rim, trails and restaurant at the Bright Angel Lodge. Decent accommodations in a rustic setting. we overlooked some clothes we left in the closed and they were good enough to FedX them to one of our stops.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Larry K
Milton Keynes
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Maswick Lodge in room 6633 for one night. The room was very small but had two double beds, desk, tv, fridge and two fans hence why it felt extra cramped. We arrived in the afternoon where the Canyon had experienced some storms and therefore lower temperatures. Our room was incredibly hot and I would dread to think how hot it could have got on a day where the temps reach +105f.

Anyway we didn't come to the canyon to spend our time in the hotel room. The views and wildlife me than made up for the below standard room.

We had a pizza and couple of beers in the Maswick Pizza Pub. I don't know whether it was the fact we had walked a lot but the pizza was gorgeous!

You expect the room at Maswick Lodge to be 'basic' as it is a lodge in a National Park but we've stayed in other National Park lodges that have been much better.

Air conditioning is a must as the fans are incredibly noisy.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Canyon Plaza Resort
Canyon Plaza Resort
#5 of 6 in Tusayan
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,659 reviews

Been to Maswik Lodge? Share your experiences!