“Beautiful Cabins, Helpful Staff”
Review of Colter Bay Village

Colter Bay Village
GreenLeadersBronze level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Beautiful Cabins, Helpful Staff”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed in a cabin with two rooms and a bathroom in between. We also had some family up at the tent cabins. The only problem with the cabins is that you can't cook and play outside and so when we go with lots of family in cooler weather and need cabins, we like to put somebody in a tent cabin so we have that opportunity.
When you stay at Colter Bay, you get free access to the Jackson Lake Lodge pool.
The Wi-Fi only works if you go sit in the office.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank pwells7000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this cabin. Our family rented several cabins and they were all very spacious and accommodated many people comfortably. They were clean enough. Saw a few spiders here and there, but we were out in the wilderness and that was to be expected. The heater warmed the cabin nicely but was very loud. We tried it on highest setting because you got used to the noise if it was constant. Any lower setting and it kept switching on and off waking us up. Eventually, we learned to warm up the cabin before bed and then shut it off while sleeping. The cabin got pretty cold but then we would get up and turn it on high. Having it on high all night was too much heat. Every employee we met was very friendly. The front desk woman went out of her way to help us print up our boarding passes on her computer. The food at the restaurant was delicious, but the service was terrible 2/3 times we ate there. Servers were very slow and uninterested. We had one good server who was exceptional. So plan on breakfast taking a while. Gift shop, gas and grocery store was so nice to have close by.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MaryBeth050
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I have booked 2 cabins for our group. Cabins were very nice, Grand Teton National park is amazing place... My first communication with the property was perfect. BUT...after comming home I found that my credit card was charged twice for accommodation. Once I paid after booking and they charged me again after check-in.The price for 2 cabins is almost 400€!!!. Staff at the recepcion desk asked my credit card during check in but they told me that it is only for incidental reason. Our stay was perfect without any incitend or accident....11 days left ...and my money are still blocked....what I realy do not understand is that no one from property did not reply to my several emails with the requests for explenation. Does not the property need to communicate with former guests! I am so disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Val06062014
Ryan R, Manager at Colter Bay Village, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you very much for your response and it is my first priority to clear up the billing issues you experienced with our property. I am glad you had a wonderful time and perfect stay while here in Colter Bay and the last thing we want to do is to leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Ryan Rhoadarmer
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I agree with all the reviews about the location and the facility. It would have been a perfect stay except the interaction we had with the laundry/shower room staff. They were rude and condensing. We were not aware that there was a cash only payment required for registered guests. We had quite a walk to the showers and were told by the staff "you can walk back, we will still be here". Then upon our re-arrival the one staff person (I think her name was Joyce) sarcastically said "I hope you didn't put yourself out having to walk all that way". Unfortunate experience since otherwise the place was great. We won't be back because of that.

• Stayed June 2014
Ryan R, Manager at Colter Bay Village, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Firstly, thank you very much for your response and I greatly appreciate the feedback. I am incredibly sorry for your negative encounter with our launderette staff. I want to assure you this is not reflective of the experience and service we strive to provide everyday, here at Colter Bay Village. I would like to welcome you back to experience the true level of service we provide. Once again, thank you for your response as it helps us with our goal of continual improvement.

Ryan Rhoadarmer
Redwood City, California, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Near the Colter Bay Marina where you can take trips onto Jackson Lake. Vintage, real log cabins but comfortable. Showers have very little light and no heat - the only downside in our opinion. Bed was comfortable and you park right in front of the room. Two types of restaurants within walking distance. We ate at the CBV Ranch House (the more upscale one).Salad bar and soup and very reasonable prices. Our Prime Rib was cooked to order and our server Joel was terrific. Wi-Fi is a bit spotty here. Great in the restaurant and bar though. The Bar is always packed.

Room Tip: Ask to be near the restaurants. You can walk to the Park Headquarters and the Marina with no effort.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We loved our stay in a Colter Bay cabin at the end of May. My daughter and I were in a cabin with one wall of floor to ceiling windows (we never did figure out why that wall had windows because it only faced other cabins - no view). Everything was clean (except the floor). Beds were comfortable. No amenities, but that was well described on the website when we made the reservation, so we had no expectations of any. We could easily walk (or drive) to the office, store, restaurant, lake, gift shop. The view of the Tetons by the Lake was AMAZING! My daughter was unpleasantly surprised by an ice cold shower on the second morning :-(, and the lack of cell phone service around the property was a little frustrating, but overall, we really enjoyed our stay. Thankful for the recommendation of this place by friends who stay at this property each time they visit. We do hope to visit again in the future, and stay more than just 2 nights!

Room Tip: I would suggest that you stagger your showers; maybe one at night & one in the morning as there...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Joyce C
Ryan R, Manager at Colter Bay Village, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for your response, and I am very happy you had a wonderful time here in beautiful Grand Teton National Park. Our convenient location does make for a wonderful vacation. I am sorry your experiences with the showers were less than ideal. However, I can assure you we have made the appropriate steps to alleviate the issues and appreciate your feedback. We welcome you back soon and thank you again for your review of Colter Bay Village.

Ryan Rhodarmer
Villa Rica, Georgia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We recently spent 2 nights in a charming log cabin that had been moved from a "dude" ranch to Colter Bay. It was rustic, but clean and comfortable. The beds were comfortable, and the bathroom was perfectly clean. Staying in the cabins made an already memorable experience even more fun and were only a short walk from wonderful places to sit and enjoy the view. Be sure to take a flashlight for walking back to the cabin after dark.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jenny Lake Lodge
#3 of 13 in Grand Teton National Park
Luton's Teton Cabins
Heart Six Guest Ranch

Been to Colter Bay Village? Share your experiences!