“Very good food, a little expensive”

Ranch House - Colter bay Village
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Description: Breakfast 6:30am-10:30am Lunch 11:30am-1:30pm Dinner 5:30pm-9pm Bar 11am-10:30pm
San Antonio, Texas
“Very good food, a little expensive”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The complete opposite of the garbage I endured at the Lake restaurant in YSN. The food here was absolutely wonderful. All perfectly cooked and seasoned, and our waiter was attentive and friendly. Would definitely eat here again. Minus one dot due to standard over priced captive audience national park fee.

Visited August 2014

• Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
“GoodIntheMiddleofNoWhere”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I LOVE food. I prefer to cook myself, but on vacation with limited time, I cannot go to the grocery store for breakfast, lunch and dinner. In my kitchen, I go as organic and unprocessed, as I can and we don't believe in microwaves. The hubby loves to cook and yet, on vacation time is still limited for him also so he'd rather not bother to grocery shop either. He needs his meat or he is not happy. We know we are not in the middle of our great city where yummy ethnic or great main street American restaurants just jump out and grab you so we were looking for at least food that was edible. After all, we are in the middle of nowhere. Therefore, we decided on the Ranch House. We were happy to see that they try to use locally grown food w/in 500 miles if I remember correctly reading somewhere. The servers were awake and wore smiles serving us accordingly. For an appetizer, I ordered the BBQ Pork Bao and it was so good that I could have let self control be sabotaged and ordered it for dinner AND to take back to our cabin. Anyway, I digress. The prime rib was tasty. I was glad they didn't load it up with seasoning. If you cook a rib good, you don't need all that and it was cooked to order. The mashed potatoes were real, not from a box and cooked all the way through. My husband loved the broccoli while I would have preferred it steamed rather than grilled. Was it more money than we would pay back for similar value in our neck of the woods? YES. However, we are after all, in the middle of nowhere. We were thankful to get some grub that was edible AND tasted good.

• Visited July 2014
Indianola, Iowa
“Limited menu, but good food. Delicious salads.”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We ate here twice and enjoyed our food both times. This is more on the pricey side. If you're wanting to sit down and eat, but save some money go to Trapper Grill by Signal Lake. I had a salad both times and it was very good. The BBQ pork was yummy and the portions of everything were very large.

• Visited August 2014
Brossard, Canada
“Overpriced and poor quality”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Being at the cabins at colter bay we did not have much choices for restaurant so we took the most expensive. Well it was terrible. Do not try it. I had the ribs w f fries and broccoli. Not good, the fries were from yesterday. We ordered wine in a bottle and it was brought to our table already opened so u don't know what u get . Pass by do not come here.

• Visited August 2014
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Unexpected quality in a beautiful place.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have eaten at the Ranch House many times over the years. Quality has varied, but this year they had everything firing on all cylinders. A nice formal dinner menu that can be supplemented with the less formal bar menu make it easy for everyone in your party to find something they like. Salad bar at dinner or breakfast buffet in the morning the food quality was excellent.

A great part of dining here is meeting the serving staff who come from all over the United States and the world. It makes for interesting dinner conversation.

This is a positive time for everybody.

• Visited July 2014