“Amazing view”
Review of Jackson Lake Lodge

Jackson Lake Lodge
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 June 2010

We stayed at Jackson Lake Lodge one night on our way out of Yellow Stone. The room we had 363 has the most amazing view of the Grand Tetons. The room is on the expensive side, we paid close to 300 bucks for one night, we paid extra for a room with view of the mountains. Only thing to watch out for, the next morning, it was rainy and foggy, which meant in the morning you could not see the mountains at all, lucky we saw them the evening before. The other bad thing is no wireless internet access, only in the main lodge, not out in the rooms. No TV either. First day we drove to Jackson Hole, not far, about an hour, amazing drive, ate at a place called Lotus Cafe in Jackson Hole. We ate twice at the lodge too, food is good.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 3 June 2010

My husband and I spent 3 gloriously perfect nights at Jackson Lake, and I wish our visit could have been longer. The hotel's location on Willow Flats, with a spectacular view of Mount Moran and the Grand Tetons, is exceptional. The staff was all topnotch and very customer-service oriented. The public areas of the hotel are on the first and second floor. The rooms are on the 3rd floor. When you check in and walk up the staircase to the sitting area on the second floor, the view of the mountains through the 60 foot windows will leave you speechless, EVERY time you see it, not just the first! The rooms are very nicely decorated and were renovated in 2009. They are immaculately clean and have everything you need. There are several nice gift shops that offer clothes, jewelry, purses and home decor, in addition to a few snacks, drinks, etc. There are two restaurants and a bar. The Mural Room is spectacular: you dine with the huge windows offering the same views of the Tetons that you see in the sitting area. If you can tear your eyes from the view to look in the opposite direction, there are lovely murals painted on the walls that deserve a nice long look. The waitstaff in this restaurant is everything you could ask (kudos to Bruce from Florida) and the food is divine. The bar also has the same view and is nice and cozy, with a few small plates to choose from if you're hungry. The other restaurant is The Pioneer Grill. It does not have the fabulous views of the Mural Room but it does have great food, interesting black and white photos and lots of charm: a very fun place to eat. An old-style diner look from the 50's with a wide choice of menu items. If you're lucky, your server will be either Colleen or David. Colleen is from Florida and lots of fun. David knows everything you could possibly want to know about the park and its animals, and is a real wealth of information. Ask him about his run-in with the grizzly! There is also a small trail you can take outside the hotel to Lunch Tree Hill that offers more of the same stunning views. The Jenny Lake Trail and the Cascade Canyon trails to Hidden Falls were beautiful and we were lucky enough to see a moose to the side of the trail. This entire park is absolutely gorgeous and one of the most beautiful places I've ever had the pleasure to visit: Jackson Lake Lodge is perfect and I wouldn't change a thing!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Smiles4miles
Reviewed 26 May 2010

This place is spectacular. I've stayed here twice before -- 2000 and 2007, both times in a "non-view cabin." This time I sprung for the view cabin. Wow, it's a million dollar view right off your balcony. I was able t shoot the Tetons right from our balcony (very nice for sunrise instead of having to trudge up to the hotel). When I return I'll spring for the view cabin again.

Service as solid, despite being the first day. Apparently there are a good number of returning seasonal workers, and do a great job in recruiting and training. Amazing wildlife viewing from the restaurant, too.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Leroi L
Reviewed 2 March 2010

My husband and I stayed in one of the cottage rooms that looked out towards the stables. The first night I sat in bed reading a book thinking how quiet and peaceful this setting is when I heard a loud smack, squeal and then a few banging around sounds coming from underneath the dresser a few feet from my bed. The dresser is on legs with empty space beneath it........I got out of bed peeked under the dresser and was so creeped out to find a freshly killed mouse! Yuck! I called the front desk (it was about midnight) to complain that I wished I had been warned that this trap was set in my room and to ask maintenence to come and remove this trap and dead mouse. The young girl who answered the phone told me I will have to wait.........over a half hour later a nice maintenance guy came took the mouse and trap away and baited a new one! After that adventure I could hardly get to sleep. It seemed as I had just closed my eyes and relaxed into a deep sleep when SMACK........both my husband and I were awakened to a second trapped mouse at around 3am! This was getting creepy. The next day I requested a different room. The whole week I was so afraid of mice getting into my suitcases, etc. Both rooms we had were nice and seemed clean.....but it makes you wonder with mice running around. The staff were nice and helpful. We saw some moose outside of the main lobby....... We ordered take out from their lower priced diner and ate it looking out the huge picture window overlooking the marsh with moose. It was pretty good. We missed internet connections in our room.....were forced to sit in that big lobby to get wireless access. My husband was there for a conference and was happy with the facilities for his classes. Beautiful location.....but pricey.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank jacquelinefaith
Reviewed 19 October 2009

My family (with 2 toddlers) had a wonderful time at Jackson Lake Lodge. We got a non-view room but, it was still very nice. The hotel has a great view (but, isn't really on a lake, more like a marsh). The staff at the front desk, restaurants and corral were very kind and helpful and made our stay quite nice. Especially enjoyed the pony rides at the corral....we are going to come back next year just for that....our girls are still talking about Ice and Fizzy. :) We went on a breakfast cruise to Elk Island and it was lovely! Very nice and relaxing.

The one negative was: staff at the pool. Apparently, the hours for the pool had just changed. The front desk didn't tell us, apparently , there was a small sign on one of the pool entrances but, not the one we went through. We went into the changing rooms and the door wouldn't shut so, we moved to another. The lifeguard watched us do this. We changed our little girls and ourselves and went and just as we were tip toeing into the pool, the boy said 'Just to let you know, the pool is closing in 10 minutes.' We were quite put off because he could have told us before we changed. Needless to say, our little girls cried they were so sad that they didn't get to swim longer than 10 minutes. Had we been told before we changed them, they wouldn't have been so distraught.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank LfDrgFly
JacksonLakeLodgeMgr, Manager at Jackson Lake Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2009

I am so sorry that the lifeguard did not approach you when you first entered the pool. We hope that our staff is able to anticipate our guests' needs. We can certainly use this as a training opportunity for our future employees, especially our lifeguards.

Reviewed 15 October 2009

We spent two nights at the Lodge. What a spectacular resort. Plenty of activities, room was great - staff warm, friendly, educational. Words are not enough - you have to experience it for yourself

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2009Travelers
Reviewed 12 October 2009

We stayed for 2 nights at the end of season (8/31-9/2) in the cottages right near the hotel and couldn't have been happier. The vista of the main lobby overlooking the Tetons is truly majestic and a favorite thing to do was grab coffee and muffins at reasonable prices at a cart set up in the lobby and enjoy breakfast looking at the view or while strolling just outside to try to spot moose/elk. The cottages worked much better for us (we have a 5 and a 6 1/2 yr. old). The cottages were somewhat dated, but were clean and just a short walk to the hotel. Better for our little ones to run around and burn off energy there rather than down the hotel hall corridors bothering other guests. We'd go back and stay in a view room inside the hotel when we're alone and without kids. Dining options were pretty good with a high scale restaurant and a diner type option for casual meals. Service was pretty good and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Grand Targhee Resort
Colter Bay Village
Colter Bay Village
#5 of 16 in Grand Teton National Park

Been to Jackson Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!