“First Timer” 4 of 5 bubbles

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“First Timer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

My husband and I booked this tour as we planned our wedding and made our plans to honeymoon in Maui. He is a pro at the ATV, I was not. This was back in January 2004. I can't remember what we paid but I am sure it was a significant amount. I will say, they do give you training before you ride and warn you about the terrain, etc. I was nervous but the scenery was breathtaking. We even had a point where we were in the clouds and the ATV in front of you just disappears...that scared me the most but was very neat to experience. They did give us a small lunch and let us walk around the forest. The guides were knowledgeable and friendly. I'd do it again.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank oneluckyb

Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“ATV MAUI”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

The staff was great but the ATV tour was long and kind of boring for us. We range in age from19-55.....might be fun for young kids. Very pricey for the experience.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank Susan H
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“ATV tour not as advertised”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2008

We recently took this tour with our two adult children. According to the Web site the 3 hour tour was to go through the Haleakala Ranch grounds, offer beautiful scenery, be appropriate for beginners and include a short hike through the Ohia Rain Forest. After a short, rugged practice track we headed off through the hills at a slow pace through what was probably the worst terrain we've ever rode ATVs on. The trail is deeply rutted and rocky in many places. With some sharp, uphill/downhill turns the track was a challenge for even experienced riders and nothing I'd recommend for beginners. This was in November and the immediate scenery was nothing to write home about but on a sunny day you can see two coastlines. When we finally got to the rainforest it was rather anti-climatic. We walked a short distance from our ATVs and stared downhill where you could see the forest in the distance. Whoo-hoo! After a can of juice it was back in the saddle and all the way back down the worn out trail. I noticed several riders struggling with their ATVs and one even took a nasty tumble. BTW, if you tip your quad you're not allowed to ride it anymore. You're relegated to the jeep for the rest of the ride. On a positive note our guides were fun, helpful and full of information but at $139 a pop I would not consider this worth the money. They said this is their last year of offering the tours at this location which I would say is a good thing. If you're looking for adventure try the Blue Water Rafting - now that's a blast (as long as you're not prone to sea sickness).

17 Thank LKreisz