“Beautiful!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

US$124.95*
and up
Haleakala Zipline Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: A scenic hiking and horseback riding trail that features major waterfalls, beautiful pools and an eerie bamboo forest.
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beautiful!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Just did this yesterday - 7/9/14. The drive and the hike take most of the day. We left Kihei at 7am and returned at 4pm. All the traffic coming in as we were leaving made us realize how peaceful and enjoyable our drive in and hike was. The most lush green place I've ever seen, enjoy!!!

2 Thank Addie_from_Or_e_gon

• Czech first
Houston, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Almost worth driving the Road to Hana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had a great time hiking the Pipiwai Trail. The terrain is a little rocky, but it is an easy hike. Our favorite part was the bamboo forest and obviously the waterfall at the end of the trail. The drive on the road to Hana is awful, but hiking this trail was almost worth it! It took us about 2.5 hours round trip (boyfriend 27, me 26, both athletic).

6 Thank MalPal10
Houston, Texas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Favorite Part - Bamboo Forest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

This was a really fun trail. Difficult to get to (end of road to Hana) but a good one. As I mentioned, my favorite part was the bamboo forest - I hike a lot and this was my first experience with it. We went down to the waterfall pools afterwards for a quick swim.

Tip: Try to get there no later than 2-3pm

4 Thank JAKHouston
Milwaukee, WI
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Awesome hike - sad the pools were closed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Good length hike (we are casual hikers) with a few challenging spots but overall an average difficulty. Not a whole ton to see on the first half of the trail but there are a few highlights and the banyan tree clearing is pretty cool. The bamboo forest was surreal - it looked like something out of crouching tiger hidden dragon movie. The sound was pretty cool as the bamboo knocked against each other. It was a rainy day when we went so I was very happy that the especially muddy areas had a boardwalk installed so we didn't get totally covered.

Waimoku falls was gorgeous but the 7 pools / bottom of waterfall was closed due to high waters/bacteria concerns. We went as far as the signs allowed (and maybe a few steps more) to take some pictures and then headed back. I think overall it took us just over 2 hours to get in and back (we didn't spend a ton of time at any of the various spots in the hike). I would do it again if the pools were opened.

There are bathrooms and plenty of parking at the entrance to the park. There is a little store there as well but it mostly sells souvenirs, I was surprised they didn't sell water or anything else of that nature. We totally could have gone for a nice Popsicle or something frozen when we got back to the car!!

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Cailet
San Antonio, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Worth the Effort!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Very scenic and moderately strenuous trail. It took us the average of 2 hrs and my husband is not much of a hiker. Bring shoes! I changed out of my flip flops for this one and felt sorry for those who didn't. Think stubbed toes.

Hint: Take this trail first and then take the 1/2 mile trail to cool off in the pools below.

The Giant Banyan tree is lovely and the bamboo forest sounds like a giant set of bamboo wind chimes. Here it gets cooler and less humid and lets you know you are close to the falls which are in and of themselves awe inspiring.

I'm surprised about someone saying that parking is $10, which is rather misleading; this is part of the Haleakala national park and you are paying the park entrance fee. If you paid at crater road, you don't have to pay again.

Visited June 2014