OK, yes I gave this four stars because how often do you get to sleep next to an active volcano, but it was outrageously expensive. We had room 11, upstairs. AWESOME view, we saw the red/orange glow all night. Breathtaking, amazing. One of our highlights for sure.
However, the hotel is open 24 hours a day and the entire bottom floor is wall to wall windows, dimmed lighting with plenty of comfy seating. Next time, we stay outside the park at a B&B and hang out at night in the lodge.
We stayed two nights so we could do the entire VNP and we did get plenty done. The restaurant is expensive, but we did get crater side seating. The breakfast buffet is awesome at $15 a person! That I would do again, the buffet, not the house.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano House is the only hotel located within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and is perched on the rim of Kilauea's Halemaumau crater. The historic Volcano House Hotel has long captured the imagination of visitors from all over the world with its iconic location, rich cultural legacy, and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Drawing upon a storied history dating back to 1846, Volcano House Hotel is now re-imagined for a new era with updated rooms, a restaurant and lounge serving Pacific Rim fare, and retail shops. Come experience the best Hawaii Island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Volcano House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano House Hotel Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano House Hawaii/Hawaii Volcanoes National Park