Its obviously a historic and dated property, but that's what you typically get when you stay in national parks. We got a volcano view room at the very end of the building and I think it was totally worth the price for the view. It was spacious and we had access to outside through the patio door. No it doesn't have a giant spa bathroom but that was ok with me. The food in the restaurant was pretty good for both dinner and breakfast; for dinner there were lots of fresh options and some specials too. The atmosphere was quiet but we were there on a Wednesday night so I'm not sure if its always like that. There are no TVs in the rooms, which is great for me, and the internet was actually pretty good.
I would go back here again if I visited in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano House is the only hotel located within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and is perched on the rim of Kilauea's Halemaumau crater. The historic Volcano House Hotel has long captured the imagination of visitors from all over the world with its iconic location, rich cultural legacy, and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Drawing upon a storied history dating back to 1846, Volcano House Hotel is now re-imagined for a new era with updated rooms, a restaurant and lounge serving Pacific Rim fare, and retail shops. Come experience the best Hawaii Island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Volcano House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano House Hotel Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano House Hawaii/Hawaii Volcanoes National Park