It is situated in an amazing place on top of a volcano. I took a walking tour, and the guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. We walked through some amazing rainforests and saw some volcanic gases and lava that glowed at night, and it was great for photography but a bit long so I wouldn't recommend it for families with young children. The rooms were small but well cleaned, and there was a little restaurant inside the building with yummy Hawaiian based food. Id like to mention that there is also free wifi, though the rooms did not have TVs. It was reasonably priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano House is the only hotel located within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and is perched on the rim of Kilauea's Halemaumau crater. The historic Volcano House Hotel has long captured the imagination of visitors from all over the world with its iconic location, rich cultural legacy, and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Drawing upon a storied history dating back to 1846, Volcano House Hotel is now re-imagined for a new era with updated rooms, a restaurant and lounge serving Pacific Rim fare, and retail shops. Come experience the best Hawaii Island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Volcano House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano House Hotel Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano House Hawaii/Hawaii Volcanoes National Park