If you are a first time to the area, I recommend staying at least one night at the Volcano House to enjoy the night time scenery of the Kilauea Caldera! I did splurge and booked the Crater View room. Yes, it is a bit pricey, but for one night worth the experience to see the caldera glowing in the evening and then to wake up to see the steam coming out in the morning. My husband and I enjoyed our overnight. We really enjoyed our views for dinner and then again at breakfast. We were able to enjoy the hiking trails and get an early start since we were already up there. Enjoy going to the Jaggar Museum patio at night (it is open even after the Museum closes) to get a closer view of the caldera glow.
The hotel staff has been very pleasant and made our stay very enjoyable! There is no A/C but they do provide a fan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volcano House is the only hotel located within Hawaii Volcanoes National Park and is perched on the rim of Kilauea's Halemaumau crater. The historic Volcano House Hotel has long captured the imagination of visitors from all over the world with its iconic location, rich cultural legacy, and warm Hawaiian hospitality. Drawing upon a storied history dating back to 1846, Volcano House Hotel is now re-imagined for a new era with updated rooms, a restaurant and lounge serving Pacific Rim fare, and retail shops. Come experience the best Hawaii Island has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Volcano House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volcano House Hotel Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Volcano Hotel
- Volcano House Hawaii/Hawaii Volcanoes National Park