We stayed here for several days when we visited the Big Island last October. We stayed in a room called the Haiku Garden. Overall, we were very disappointed.
The "hotel" is really just 3 rooms in a private home on a side street. Not very easy to find. When we arrived at night, we were greeted with the following: "Who are you?" Needless to say, we did not feel welcome. There are many stairs up to the room from the driveway. There was no offer to help with our luggage. If you are elderly or have any physical limitations, we highly recommend that you do not stay here. Hauling the luggage up from the driveway to the room was a bit of a challenge.
The room was a little shabby and not super clean. These rooms are supposed to be "environmental," but our room had a jacuzzi? Also, if you use the bathroom floor warmer, then the hot water does not work in the shower.
Importantly, "Bed and Breakfast" is a misnomer. The room had opened cereal boxes, used peanut butter, and a half-empty milk jug. It was not very sanitary in our view. It was more like a hostel. There is no maid service whatsoever. There is no kitchenette, so you have to wash dishes in the bathroom sink.
The only positive is that it is very convenient to the volcano, but there are other lodging options that are equally convenient to the Volcanos National Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary cedar and glass architect designed home nestled into the native rainforest outside Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Suites with Fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs, King canopy beds. Outdoor hot tub. Beautiful furnishings and linens,Romantic, private setting. In room coffee, beverages and tropical fruit and snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your At the Craters Edge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- At The Craters Edge Hotel Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- At The Craters Edge Hawaii/Hawaii Volcanoes National Park