“Good for being on an island”
Review of Greenstone Grill

Greenstone Grill
Reviewed 18 July 2017

This is not a high end place but Isle Royale is wilderness and this is a nice piece of civilization to relax at after a long day of hiking/canoeing/etc. The service is hit or miss depending on the person you get but they are all friendly and trying. We ate here 2x and one time we got up and took our water glasses up to the counter to get them refilled because our server wasn't around much.
We ordered a pizza which was VERY good - I think $14 or so and my husband and I shared it. If there was a place to store leftovers I would have gotten another one but in the lodge there are not refrigerators. A burger was I think $9 and came with potato chips. The frier was broken so no french fries or fried fish.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

As others have pointed out, food is not bad for being on an isolated island. Service is a little sketchy mostly due to lack of language skills of interns from Taiwan. Everyone was very nice but we did have some difficulty communicating. Very nice views of Snug Harbor from inside or on their small outside deck.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

The beer on tap is really good and not a bad price. Perfect motivation towards the end of our hikes. Fun staff. They work hard all day. Beer, Burger, Pizza, Fish Sandwich, it was all good. You are on an island in the middle of Lake Superior. I found the prices fair for the location. Its not a rip off, but its not cheap. Not fast, but what does time really mean when you are on an island wilderness paradise? The one time we did have a time constraint, the staff really made sure we had our food quickly. Really enjoyed our meals there.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Ate here at the start of our trip and at the end (after several days of back packing).
I thought that the food and prices were very good considering the location (at a remote national park).

This is run by a concessions company- so don't expect fine dining specials. We liked the burgers and the quesadillas. The pasties were a bit dry (but very warm and filling if you are cold). The pizza is good, but I have a Chicago attitude about pizza... so I will stop at saying that the pizza was good.

Upon returning from our camping, the coffee was about the best that I have had in months!

The staff was mostly students from other countries. This is one of my favorite parts of the concessioners at national parks and other seasonal situations- while there may not be a command of English nuance, they were all friendly and attentive- and had some good conversations during the slow time of the day.

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Our family ate here three time on a four night stay. We recommend the burger, pizza and breakfast plate. Cold beer was good. Remember, it is hard to get food here. Don't expect great food.