“Green river trail”
Review of Green River

Green River
More attraction details
Owner description: This 25-mile river flowing through Mammoth Cave National Park is great for canoeing, fishing or just plain swimming.
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

The trails atMammoth cave were a wonderful surprise...lovely hikes. Love the peaceful mornings with our wildlife friends-deer and turkey--who welcomed us just outside door. I saw just a bit of the historic cave entrance(a bit of a claustrophobic problem here). But the exhibits were amazing as well. We stayed at the sunset terrace--alittle old, but loved it! Go if you can.

2  Thank Virginia V

Reviewed 6 August 2013

The climb down is easy. The climb up may be harder for little ones, and not so little ones if you're not in shape. It was an enjoyable walk otherwise. Make sure check out the Cedar Sink

3  Thank LucyPTA
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We rented a canoe from Green River Canoeing that is located in Ky Action Park. The trip was 8 miles from Dennison Ferry to Green River Ferry. We really enjoyed paddling and floating down the river along with all of the beautiful scenery. This is a great trip if you can lift the 70-80lb fiberglass canoe onto two separate elevated ramps that descend to get it into the water at Dennison. At the last ramp, I told the driver I could not lift the canoe onto the last ramp and control it's descent down the ramp . He did help me after some prodding. After paddling 8 miles must carry this canoe up a 120ft. concrete ramp at the Green River Ferry. (no scraping on the concrete...you have to lift it! :-() and believe me bringing a cooler is added fun). None of this was mentioned at the time when we rented the canoe. I am 58, female, excercise 3-4x a week for 40 minutes but I was not prepared for this amount of work. That goodness the day was not too humid and my female friend was young, in better shape and patient with this senior!!!!

9  Thank 58yrgrannie
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We checked out the Green River on our trip to Mammoth Cave National Park. It is a very wet spring, and it was raining both days we were at the park. The river actually looked almost overflowing and was moving pretty fast. It was neat to see, but intimidating at the same time. I was too scared to use the ferry that day for sure!

3  Thank Jeanine_RR
Reviewed 10 April 2013

between swimming boating and fishing this is a great location for family fun as well as nature pictures

1  Thank Martika G